TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
5221 - 5240 of 5255 Posts

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Took my 14 year old grandson on a ride today. We ended up at the shooting range. Some of the old timers there let him squeeze off a few rounds at the trap range. We next went to the now-closed dump that was converted to a water treatment plant. Their scale still works so we discovered that he weighs 120 pounds, I weigh 220 and the TW200 is 300. Total riding was 640 pounds! The new front fork springs worked great even with the extra load on the back. Next we stopped and visited a mine shaft I know about on some BLM land. It's posted private property, but, of course, it's not.
For some reason, neither of us brought a phone to take photos. Maybe just as well, we have the memories now!
It was cool, about 60 degress and 15mph breeze blowing and 80% cloud cover. Total miles was just under 50.

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
Installed the new handguards, then rode to the carwash to wash the bike. Got a call from a fellow board member inviting me to supper with his family, so rode on over on the TW to enjoy their company & the food.

Got there first, and enjoyed watching the pissed off folks at me for taking up a parking spot waiting on the party to arrive to share my parking spot. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Installed the new handguards, then rode to the carwash to wash the bike. Got a call from a fellow board member inviting me to supper with his family, so rode on over on the TW to enjoy their company & the food.

Got there first, and enjoyed watching the pissed off folks at me for taking up a parking spot waiting on the party to arrive to share my parking spot. :ROFLMAO:
There was a guy that would park his car on the street in front of my exes apartment, taking up 2 spots intentionally so nobody would park by him. My ex always had trouble finding parking there and it drove me crazy. So anytime I was visiting I'd park my bike right in front of his bumper and he would just stare at me angrily from his porch. If the space was open I'd park taking up both spots and then give one to her haha.

·
Registered
174 Posts
It was a fantastic day here for a ride, I think it was around 70 and sunny.

Took the Goat around here and there, went and explored some land for sale, started climbing a hill in a field there with 3ft high grass, it rained the night before so it was kinda slick.

I was having fun climbing the hill spinning and sliding back and fourth then WHACK and down I went,

Only I could find the only discarded car tire in a field of 140 acres.

I laughed at myself when it happened, not hurt, zero damage.

·
Registered
744 Posts
11C, went out for a rip. (Give it 45 seconds before you turn it off).

Stoopid me went through a puddle (back East it might be considered a pond) which I know is deep, but it is a lot deeper (110cm) in the spring. (Yes I used metric units to piss off my american friends.)

So, I found out that my TCX drifter boots are waterproof until you get above the tops of them. Even if standing on the pegs. TW had a funny floating feeling when in deep water like that. Cool.

Lost a pivot bolt for my cheap ass chinese shorty front brake lever in said puddle. Ride home with only water saturated rear drum brake. Understand the squealing noise issue relatively well now.

·
Super Moderator
20,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,228 ·
😬YeeOuch...

·
Registered
22,171 Posts
Yesterday's ride had me atop a nearby secondary summit in low-60's with a bit of wind. Shelter behind bike gave little if any shelter. A bit warmer later down by the lake. Access road had been gated closed for a few years so was fun to re-visit. Lots of erosion since last ridden.

Still a little too snowy at most of desired ride destinations though.

TW-Brian's loaned Duro V2 Power Grip did a good job of power carving through a few small snowbanks.

...permitting me to find and explore some fun new twisty singletracks.

Duro allowed worry free climbing out some steep dead end spurs that would have been worrisome on stock tire, really chews up the soil though.

Still and motion picture cameras all began failing just as trail got interesting.

But I got to ride in the woods amid nicely sculpted granite landforms as winter snows recede. Hurray!

By time I returned home my last photo captured upper level haze being replaced by this as a front rolled in behind the wind. Rain and/or snow predicted for weekend. May get fresh snow to play in again.

·
Super Moderator
14,983 Posts
Yesterday's ride had me atop a nearby secondary summit in low-60's with a bit of wind. Shelter behind bike gave little if any shelter. A bit warmer later down by the lake. Access road had been gated closed for a few years so was fun to re-visit. Lots of erosion since last ridden.

View attachment 214262

Still a little too snowy at most of desired ride destinations though.
View attachment 214263

TW-Brian's loaned Duro V2 Power Grip did a good job of power carving through a few small snowbanks.
View attachment 214264

...permitting me to find and explore some fun new twisty singletracks.
View attachment 214265
Duro allowed worry free climbing out some steep dead end spurs that would have been worrisome on stock tire, really chews up the soil though.
View attachment 214267

Still and motion picture cameras all began failing just as trail got interesting.
View attachment 214266

But I got to ride in the woods amid nicely sculpted granite landforms as winter snows recede. Hurray!
View attachment 214269

By time I returned home my last photo captured upper level haze being replaced by this as a front rolled in behind the wind. Rain and/or snow predicted for weekend. May get fresh snow to play in again.
View attachment 214270
That's a big 'ol tire on Betty's rear. With the loaner tire, it looks like a TW half-track. lol. Bet you're chomping at the bit for all the snow to go away. Lots of our trails won't open up until 1 July. I've been riding in the desert this past month or so and haven't even scouted local snow level. I can see it on the hill so my guess is you can't get far yet. Snow's a-melt'in though.

Reactions: Mistervelocity

·
Registered
22,171 Posts
Anyways here is the GPS track of my route since you folks seem to like it when riders post them.:cool:

Somehow it is not showing me riding around on the de-hydrated lake bottom though. Water should be a good 30 ft higher now with full pool another ten ft by late June.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
It was pouring rain most of the day. I went out for a ride around the neigborhood between rains. I'm finally going to have to put another tube in it since it seems to be leaking down now.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Rode about 100 miles yesterday, was a balmy, overcast WI spring day of 50F. Leaves have been budding for the past two weeks, may be full green by July. I think I managed to find the half mile of gravel road in the county, as well as the neighboring county's single mile of gravel.

This is looking from Wisconsin across the St. Croix River at Marine-on-St-Croix in Minnesota.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Left the house early this am to check out the new footpegs. It was cloudy and about +8c. Five KM down the road it started to rain, but I was wearing good gear so I kept at it. After about 40 minutes of riding quiet back roads the rain picked up and started to soak through at the wrists and collar, so I called it a day, and headed home.

·
Super Moderator
14,983 Posts
Took the Admirals Quick Strike Mobile Command Vehicle out for a weekend of camping and riding.
We’ve had a busy weekend of riding thus far.

Mrs Admiral hit 10,000 miles so we stopped to document it. About 9,750 of 10,000 has been off pavement riding.

Up the creek without a paddle. Helps to have long legs when exiting which helps avoid an unintended creek bath.

Fred E. Rick Von Stephenson I, loves camping too. He’s one of our early warning defense members.

Carry on :)

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Took the Admirals Quick Strike Mobile Command Vehicle out for a weekend of camping and riding.
View attachment 215605 We’ve had a busy weekend of riding thus far. View attachment 215599
View attachment 215600
Mrs Admiral hit 10,000 miles so we stopped to document it. About 9,750 of 10,000 has been off pavement riding.
View attachment 215601
View attachment 215602
Up the creek without a paddle. Helps to have long legs when exiting which helps avoid an unintended creek bath.
View attachment 215603
Fred E. Rick Von Stephenson I, loves camping too. He’s one of our early warning defense members.
View attachment 215604
Carry on :)
Nice! What saw do you carry? I've ditched my 2-stroke chainsaw and now carry a Makita XCU02Z 36 volt battery operated chainsaw. It's lighter and possibly safer than my gasser. It's a 12" bar and has enough power to buck maybe a cord of oak on a single charge, so no worries on a ride of running out of juice.
Also wanted to point out, I'm a jerk and, when clearing wind fall trees, only open enough to get a motorcycle through and deliberately block quads from further travel. Ha!

5221 - 5240 of 5255 Posts