TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
5241 - 5255 of 5255 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,983 Posts
Nice! What saw do you carry? I've ditched my 2-stroke chainsaw and now carry a Makita XCU02Z 36 volt battery operated chainsaw. It's lighter and possibly safer than my gasser. It's a 12" bar and has enough power to buck maybe a cord of oak on a single charge, so no worries on a ride of running out of juice.
Also wanted to point out, I'm a jerk and, when clearing wind fall trees, only open enough to get a motorcycle through and deliberately block quads from further travel. Ha!
View attachment 215608
I have a Black & Decker Cordless chainsaw. I'm sure yours is much better. Mine cuts ok but goes through the batteries quickly. My gas chainsaw is more powerful and I usually take it but I haven't gotten it out of winter hibernation yet so I took the cordless. Did what we needed it to do on this trip so glad I something or there would have been a lot more turn arounds other than the dead ends.
Oh, I'd like to not be a jerk too but the disrespectful golfcart operators (not all) have been pissing me off lately. So I do just what I gotta do to get through.

Reactions: Ken and Ski Pro 3

·
Super Moderator
14,983 Posts
It was not hot. Low 80's but it was humid as all get out. Especially for us Idahoans who are used to dry heat. hahaha
Idaho City Trails. "It's all down here from here". :oops:
A couple of Fridays back I rode with the fast group guy's on not fast trails around Idaho City. We rode about 25 miles in 7-8 hours.
I've never ridden these trails before and was pretty apprehensive. We ended up riding with a couple of brothers out on a vacation from Michigan and this was their first time on mountain trails. They did really well.

Hum, which one of these is not a 500cc motorcycle?

One can imagine this was not as simple as it appears.

Skinny tires, fat tires, it doesn't matter.

A few TW Scoob/Admiral action photo's taken by the ride leader.

Riding is so much more fun than working ever was!

Carry On!

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
How did the Tdub compare on that type of trails?
I mean compared to the bigger bikes. I would think at those speeds that it actually did better.

·
Super Moderator
14,983 Posts
How did the Tdub compare on that type of trails?
I mean compared to the bigger bikes. I would think at those speeds that it actually did better.
The only thing which kept me slower on the trail was the whoops and the lack of TW suspension. I rode up the hills faster than the 2 KTM riders and had to wait...often while they were spinning about. I would have made it better in some of the places had I been able to keep up my momentum but starting halfway up a hill was a little slow going.

·
Registered
2004 Tdub.
22 Posts
Rode up in the national first near my house today. Not as long of a ride as I had hoped cause some of the roads were closed (probably cause of the tropical storm that came through yesterday). Still got some great pictures down by the river. None of the bike though

Yes that's a rope swing into the river, no I didn't do it.

·
Registered
22,171 Posts
Rode locally a bit with my dogs then un-assed & hiked an abandoned railroad grade tracking critters.
Brown Grey Road surface Beige Wood

nice, sunny mid 50's.
Tire Wheel Helmet Shoe Motorcycle

Then parked dogs back home and played on some new subdivision roads under contruction. Total chicanery, literally, as I slalomed around unfinished manhole projective rock piles. A person could get hooked on pavement riding.:cool:
Rode until sunlight no longer kissed the surrounding hills.
Tire Wheel Sky Automotive tire Motorcycle

Motor vehicle Mirror Automotive tire Sky Automotive mirror

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
After I got my new tire and brakes on I rode up and down the street in front of my house. Beautiful weather, about 70. Now I think I need to order a new brake cable since I think mine is stretched a bit.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Rode a bit in between our atmospheric river weather yesterday. 5C and cloudy. Battery was dead flat. Thank goodness for the kick start. I really should get around to putting in that LiFePo battery I bought months ago...

Maybe then I can install some grip heaters.

5241 - 5255 of 5255 Posts