TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
5261 - 5280 of 5317 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,574 Posts
just got back from a great ride with Admiral, Mountain Yawp, and his father-in-law on the Owyhee Front. View attachment 220437 Temps were perfect in the low 50s and light clouds with a bright sky for the most part.
Now wait a minute, it was only in the low 50's for about 10 minutes mid-afternoon (slight exaggeration). The rest of the time it was cold! :)

·
Registered
23,057 Posts
Upper 50's for me today, 10 degrees above normal. Local ride.
Nice organic bear poop, no preservatives or artificial colors or plastic. Vegan too. From a good Californian bear.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Plant Vehicle

Building material Soil Wood Rock Natural material

Enjoyed a few seldom ridden trails
Tire Wheel Plant Automotive tire Vehicle

·
Registered
23,057 Posts
Forem member Gerry, a.k.a. MrGizmo, built that rack from 1/2" square tubing that slides into square sleeves he welded to TW frame. A very nice job , has an expanded metal deck. Square tubing made it easy to attach a pulsing turn signal, tail & brake light strip to rear of rack. Just got back tonight from a trip where I'm getting pleased with convenience of quick access into the rigid box.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Plant

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
I went for a quick ride to try my bike out after the new headlight bulb and new H4 connector. The TW may not be fast but it sure seems like it is when I take off and everyone is way behind me. I added some bullet connectors so if I have to ever change the H4 connector in the future, I don't have to cut the TW wires again.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Rode down to get my hair cut this afternoon here in southern OH. It was about a 10 mile round trip and the temp was a balmy 36F with a wind chill of 27. I just had to take my TDub for a spin. Refreshing to say the least.

·
Super Moderator
15,574 Posts

·
Registered
23,057 Posts
A little local test ride in the mid-40's to test new adjustable latches on the re-purposed Halliburton Zero, a new "Adventure" coat positively covered with pockets, larger tank bag for both the cell and camera, new valve adjustment to XT 225 values & a new Chinese carb. All worked well on a shake down cruise.
Wheel Tire Sky Plant Mountain

Coat plenty warm at trail speeds but has a both removable waterproof liner and quilted earth liner that once removed supposedly provide direct air injection to body via 7 or so vents. Should be stowable with tool bag and all the other paperwork a busy executive on the go needs trailside hopefully making for a 4 season coat.:cool:
Tire Wheel Sky Plant Mountain

Speaking of shake downs these old bear footprints after weeks of nightly freeze/thaw cycles don't make for a very smooth ride. Crisp crunchy icy holes.
Snow Nature Leaf Natural environment Branch

Between the bear and the deer things get hoofed up pretty good. Sun and wind sculpt more.
Plant Snow Wood Freezing Landscape

Atmosphere Snow Slope Ice cap Freezing

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Knocked out a little over 200 miler yesterday riding down to Ocala and back with fellow inmate @Scooterbrained. Had been 2 1/2 months since we'd last ridden together, and even since I'd last ran my bike period!

Great Florida weather, and great ride as always with 'ol Scoot! (y)

·
Registered
24 Posts
A little local test ride in the mid-40's to test new adjustable latches on the re-purposed Halliburton Zero, a new "Adventure" coat positively covered with pockets, larger tank bag for both the cell and camera, new valve adjustment to XT 225 values & a new Chinese carb. All worked well on a shake down cruise.
View attachment 222791
Coat plenty warm at trail speeds but has a both removable waterproof liner and quilted earth liner that once removed supposedly provide direct air injection to body via 7 or so vents. Should be stowable with tool bag and all the other paperwork a busy executive on the go needs trailside hopefully making for a 4 season

What coat did you get Fred?

·
Registered
23,057 Posts
Jacket is a Motonation Pursang, mid-priced @~$190 taxed out the door with free shipping from Revzilla among others. I chose their sand color since I've been known to roll around in the dirt. The black is too sun absorbing, the Hi-Vis allegedly fades over time and am bucking the trend of the popular grey color.
Brown Outerwear White Coat Sleeve

Perhaps more Velcro than I need really seals me in. May cover up much of the new aggressively grabbing Velcro to ease entry into pockets until it gets weaker with the trapped grass, hair & misc. debris that the Velcro seems to attract. Chosen for mix of removable rain liner and other ventilation features that allows better air flow in summer coupled with better
cold and wind protection for those not-so-sunny wintery rides.
Light Automotive lighting Branch Glass Electric blue

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Took the bike out to the desert for its first run after doing the top end rebuild and servicing the forks and front wheel bearings. Went out with a friend who has a 77 TTR500. Ran 41 miles of winding sand gullies, up and down some hills, a bit of single track, and some standard desert 2 track. The bike runs much smoother now and has lots more power. Managed to get to the snowline and were forced to turn around because the dirt road had ice across it. Too dangerous to run on. Temps in the low 40s to low 50s during the ride. Lots of fun. Can't wait for the temps to get in the 60s and 70s.
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Motorcycle Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Vehicle Ecoregion Automotive tire
Cloud Sky Mountain Snow Natural landscape

·
Registered
848 Posts
Well gang,
I got no pics to show for it but, I took the Dub out for an afternoon cruise around our little town of Lake Havasu here in AZ. The temps hovered between 72 and 75 degrees or so. Since I don't have such picturesque scenes as some of you do to film, I just cruise our less than crowded streets enjoying the nice weather and the little Dub humming along.
Scott

·
Super Moderator
15,574 Posts
Well gang,
I got no pics to show for it but, I took the Dub out for an afternoon cruise around our little town of Lake Havasu here in AZ. The temps hovered between 72 and 75 degrees or so. Since I don't have such picturesque scenes as some of you do to film, I just cruise our less than crowded streets enjoying the nice weather and the little Dub humming along.
Scott
We drove LH on our way back home from Quartzsite. It was much larger than I had envisioned. We didn't stop except at the many stoplights on the highway! :)

·
Registered
848 Posts
We drove LH on our way back home from Quartzsite. It was much larger than I had envisioned. We didn't stop except at the many stoplights on the highway! :)
Oh man,
I wish I'd have known you were passing through. I'd have wanted to meet you and say HI! Yeah, we do have a few stop lights for sure. I've lived here for 7, almost 8 years now and, I think I've actually hit ALL THOSE LIGHTS GREEN, from the south to the north, ONE TIME in all those years!
Scott

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Admiral and I met up and did a 19 mile shake down ride today. Temps were in the high 30s and up to the mid 40s. Trails were mostly dry, but a lot of truck ruts carved in so made for some careful riding in areas so as not to get dumped. Overall a good ride. We are planning a longer early season ride this coming Wednesday. Would have posted photos but the video camera did not get positoned correctly and pointed too far down. What a shame. Did get some shots of cows feet and the bottom of fence posts.

5261 - 5280 of 5317 Posts