TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
5281 - 5300 of 5317 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Didn't ride today or yesterday. But on Sunday, I got the TW out - no problem, since it was fresh off the truck from my Florida sojourn - and used it for in-town errands.

At 35 degrees, it was cold. I haven't put a wiring plug for a heated vest in, yet. But colder, was the price signs of gas stations. Choice: 75 mpg, or 13 mpg? I expect the two bikes I have, will see a LOT of use this year, and my fine truck, will be hanging out in the carport.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Didn't ride today or yesterday. But on Sunday, I got the TW out - no problem, since it was fresh off the truck from my Florida sojourn - and used it for in-town errands.

At 35 degrees, it was cold. I haven't put a wiring plug for a heated vest in, yet. But colder, was the price signs of gas stations. Choice: 75 mpg, or 13 mpg? I expect the two bikes I have, will see a LOT of use this year, and my fine truck, will be hanging out in the carport.
I think there will be a lot more like you. I do get good mileage with my roxor at over 30mpg. Still the bike is twice that. Saddlebags for grocery runs now.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Went for a nice little 50km rip, pretty much all off road. Poor little TDub needed a bath afterwards.

Not often that all my bikes are clean (ish).

View attachment 223992
CX650 in the mix!

As the former owner of (different times) two GL500 Silver Wings, I love the design...even if it was a dog in execution, back forty years ago. It was a concept, a format, Honda should have developed - instead of dropping. V-twin, shaft drive, accessibility of most parts...all they needed for greatness was FI and some tweaking of engine efficiency/combustion-chamber design.

Sigh. I sold my second, a great bike, when I was temporarily pinched for money; and since then, I've been burned on old bikes. They're a fire pit you throw money into. Changing chains and sprockets, even having hard-to-access valves set at a dealer's, is cheaper than repeated fork and brake rebuilds of old bikes, and fighting to find workable parts.

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
I'm still riding my TW to work nearly every day, rain, shine, sleet and snow. This is Texas so I haven't seen the last two. After buying 12 gallons of gas the other day for $40.00 I am glad I ride it most of the time. i used to keep change in my locker for the TW emergency gas money. $1.25 used to fill it up. Now it costs nearly $5.00,

·
Registered
23,057 Posts
Not today but a quick romp in the woods yesterday to proof Betty Boop is Moab ready with fresh oil, fixed mirror, lubed controls etc. in mid-40's temps. Could have cleaned the air filter too but rode fun single track instead. Guess I'm a rider more than a wrencher :giggle:
Plant Light Tree Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
2004 TW200
203 Posts
It was stunningly beautiful here today. Monster big sun and a fresh layer of snow. Went for my forest loop hike and got back and thought to myself - Why not try the TDub in this fresh snow? It's only a couple of inches deep - should do really good and that will clean the tires all at the same time. Something new and something accomplished all at the same time! Win-win. Been wanting to try it, so go for it, it's the TDub!
Whew.....that is not easy, and it's like one wild ride once moving!
So there, wanted to try it - tried it - won't be trying it again. :rolleyes: That's why I have the Yamaha ATV.

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
I rode to work today. It was cold but the 50 mph winds are here now. At least it feels like the gusts are that high. I rode my Radian after I got home before this windy cold weather blew in.

5281 - 5300 of 5317 Posts