TW200 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 4650 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
I rode my TW200 today in the area of Yelm, Washington....which is located south of Olympia, the Washington state capital. It was very cold today, but the sun was shining bright. It was great to be out riding since it was not raining. I was riding county roads southeast of JBLM (Joint Base Lewis McChord), among the ranches and forest areas. On my ride I stopped by a Federal landmark commemorating the location of Fort Eaton. The fort was built by settlers during the Indian War of 1855. Today there are no structures or other artifacts at the site, other than the stone monument

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have been riding all the past week here in Boise, ID - had some car troubles and used it as an opportunity to test my rain gear. Have been joking with my coworker about the rain that ends after 8:01 and starts at 4:55 each day. Today the high was 37, I rode in between Junior Bowling and Cub Scouts as my "me" time. I'm new, so riding is fun and fun and fun. Still checking out my Dad's bike and making sure all is well with it as I get it back into shape. Passed 1500 miles on the ticker today but when I went out for the photo, this evening, I had to scrape the ice off to see the numbers.

[/IMG]

·
Registered
261 Posts
Well, a blue norther moved in to our area... low 40's during the day, high 20's at night... brrrr!!! This is what we call real cold here in Miss. :)

So, the TW stays in the garage for a while... I'm OK with 50's but 40's is too cold for me - blood has gotten thinner since I've lived in the south for the last 16 years now.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Hey, OSOK, just a question? What does that 2011 L3200 Kubota have to do with motorcycles? Should I list My 1938 Farmall, or my 1946 Model B international, or my 1956 Model 420 John Deere?
Just thought I would asked.
Mel

·
Registered
236 Posts
Okay so I need some help. Its been getting really chilly lately. -7 c or for all you Americans about 20 degrees f.

I have oxford heated grips, some insulated leather gloves, and tusk handguards. But despite all this I can't even get across the city without a dire need to run my fingertips under hot water.

I want to look into handle bar mitts, was curious if someone could suggest a brand that wouldn't require me to remove my hand guards?

I still plan on trying to ride as much as possible.
Thanks!

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

·
Registered
493 Posts
You just need better gloves. I linked a pair above for $20 that get me 10 miles at those temps and no heated grips. Heated gloves would be the better (best) option.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Heated gloves. Could anyone tell me if they work well. I have Raynards, fancy name for white finger. If it gets down to 45 my fingers turn white all the way to my palms. Sometimes just holding a cold drink will do it. I put those hand gloves on the bike to slip my hands in with gloves on. I try to use mittens as I have large hands and it is hard to find a pair of gloves that don't cut off circulation in my fingers. Riding in the cold is just out for me. Love these crisp days though, but when out I use the exhaust to try to warm my fingers a bit.

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Okay so I need some help. Its been getting really chilly lately. -7 c or for all you Americans about 20 degrees f.

I have oxford heated grips, some insulated leather gloves, and tusk handguards. But despite all this I can't even get across the city without a dire need to run my fingertips under hot water.

I want to look into handle bar mitts, was curious if someone could suggest a brand that wouldn't require me to remove my hand guards?

I still plan on trying to ride as much as possible.
Thanks!

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
I have a set of Hippo Hands, the "dual purpose" model I believe. I rode with them last weekend, 40*F and rain, I had my Oxfords grips at 50% and my hands got TOO HOT with thin leather gloves. It's 22*F here today and I'm confident I could ride without my hands getting cold with my current setup. I can't say enough about the build quality of Hippo Hands!

·
Registered
312 Posts
I rode about 25 miles today and it was around 35deg. I was dressed like the michlen man so my body was warm but my hands and chin froze, gonna look into the hippo hands I think.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
I wear a pair of Columbia gloves with the silver dots inside.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Hit the road today to enjoy the 60ish temperatures, took the KLR as I'm waiting to sort out my TW's Carb issues until my 2-week holiday:)/furlough :( coming up in a few weeks.

About 100 miles in, rounding a corner my back tire slipped off the rim and tore up the tube. It felt like hitting a big gravel patch, thankfully me and my street queen KLR are both still pretty!

My lovely wife drove an hour and a half out to bring me a jackstand and some tools, and I pulled the back wheel and took it to the nearest moto shop for a new tube and re-mounting. I popped the sucker back on and rode it home, no more problems.

The whole thing kinda pissed me off because I had just checked the pressure in that tire 2 days ago, and it hadn't given me any trouble through many twists and turns earlier in the day. I found no indications of a puncture either, although I have read reports of other 2008+ KLR650 riders having the same experience of their rear tires breaking a bead for apparently no reason.

This tire had been mounted and functioning well for several months and over 2000 miles, so it's a head-scratcher for me.

·
Registered
493 Posts
It was a bit chilly today but I am getting thick skin I think. I am riding with a First Gear Kilimanjaro Jacket/ Pants but I normally only have a T-Shirt on under it.

41 - 60 of 4650 Posts