TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
personally, i love the way my tw looks with the big tires and wide wheels. one problems though..... tire selction :(:eek:

comment back and if you have any suggestions put pictures ;):rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
4,881 Posts
You already have five choices for the rear - in order of appearance - Shinko - Bridgestone TW204 - Bridgestone TW34 - Vee Rubber - Dunlop K180

shinko.jpg - Bridgestome.jpg - bridgestone 2.jpg

veerubber-vrm275.jpg - dunlop.jpg

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
REALLY like the look of the K180s. I've been extremely impressed with my Shinko 428s.

·
Super Moderator
4,881 Posts
The potential problem of the K180, is that it pretty much follows the tread pattern of a TW203 (the Death Wing" front tire) - not convinced of how that would work out in practice, but they pack them on the Van Van (which should tell you something) ........

·
Registered
120 Posts
Personally, I like the stock 14r/18f wheel combination. They are considerably smaller in diameter than the usual standard 18r/21f you typically find on enduro/ dirt bikes. ��

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Don't forget all those ATV tire choices for the rear, loving my Duro :)

·
Registered
976 Posts
At least one member - Trailscout if I remember right - laced up a set of 21/18 rims to some TW hubs. I haven't seen him post in awhile but he was on the gnarlier end of the spectrum of trail riders and he reported that the skinnier wheels with honest to goodness knobbies mounted up were an improvement over the fat tires.

I think the fat tires make the TW a better street bike (and a better pack mule!) and therefore a better all-rounder than a lot of the other 200-250 dualsport bikes, but it's not a mistake that most dirt bikes have skinny tires.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! :D

Where are you from? Do you have a TW? What year? Hope you enjoy our forum here.
I just picked up a 99 TW for my wife, I've been lurking and reading for a few weeks.

I've only gotten to get the TW out a couple times, but I really love this bike! I think it will be great for my wife, and I plan on riding it as well :)

I also have a 2009 KLX250s with the 351 kit. It's really a great bike.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts