TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out exploring and discovered this singletrack trail. I was a little hesitant to ride it not knowing the trail and riding my more "street-oriented" TW (Blue Bunny) but I thought I'd give it a go. Worst that can happen is I have to turn around or die in a fiery crash over the side of the mountain right?

Another Blue Bunny Adventure

The Rocks. Besides the whoops, there were a couple of tricky spots here and there but I managed to keep upright

The roots

I forgot to mention the wood

and I forgot to mention again the ruts which are always so so special on a singletrack

Someday soon, I'll have to share as Paul Harvey would say, "the rest of the trail".

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
It looks like you are going to have a good variety of trails for people to ride if you ever get to host another TW get together.
Good to see you challenging yourself.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Good stuff, Admiral! That's the type of terrain I find I have the most fun tackling on the TW.

Reactions: admiral

·
Registered
13,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It looks like you are going to have a good variety of trails for people to ride if you ever get to host another TW get together.
Good to see you challenging yourself.
Most of the challenge was talking myself into riding the singletrack trail by myself. Yes, there will be lots of new places to ride on the next Admiral Gathering ride whenever that will be.
Some small fires flaring up now in the neighborhood as expected this time of year. So far, all have been from lightning strikes. I'm surprised at this because of the huge increase in in-state campers in the area. It's a madhouse on weekends in the mountains with all the Boisefornians heading to the hills since they can't drink at the bars and watch movies at the theaters!

·
Registered
20,629 Posts
Most impressive!
One of those trails where commitment and momentum are needed to keep from coming to a halt. Would hate to go off trail , stall, throw a chain, or otherwise have issues when alone but looks ever so sweet when you're in the grove and things works out.
Congratulations Admiral, well done.

·
Registered
13,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There was one place where I encountered a sharp turn with loose rock/sand and rock step. I had difficulty getting traction and for a millisecond thought about turning around. The problem with that idea, it was to tight to turn around. Thankfully, I was able to climb the step with some maneuvering of the back end and I was on my way. I was only held up for a minute with most of that looking at what the options were. After that when encountering a sketchy section I used the motto...

·
Registered
330 Posts
You for sure live in an Awesome location. We rode out of Landmark a couple weeks ago for a few days. Went in to Cinabar Mine east of Yellow Pine above Stibnite one day. Other two trips were Artillery Dome and Thunder Mountain but had to cut our way into both of those until we ran out of gas for the chainsaw.
Heading up to Baumgartner tomorrow to ride that area for the weekend. I should know better from the videos I've watched because it appears to have more exposure than Pats Creek and Eddy Creek trails and they were not my favorite.
Looking forward to when we get past this Covid and everyone can get together for another group ride..

·
Registered
13,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You for sure live in an Awesome location. We rode out of Landmark a couple weeks ago for a few days. Went in to Cinabar Mine east of Yellow Pine above Stibnite one day. Other two trips were Artillery Dome and Thunder Mountain but had to cut our way into both of those until we ran out of gas for the chainsaw.
Heading up to Baumgartner tomorrow to ride that area for the weekend. I should know better from the videos I've watched because it appears to have more exposure than Pats Creek and Eddy Creek trails and they were not my favorite.
Looking forward to when we get past this Covid and everyone can get together for another group ride..
I've yet to ride into any of those three places (Cinnabar, Stibnite, Artillery Dome) but have been wanting too for a very long time. I'm very surprised you had to cut your way. I'd have thought there would have been lots of traffic by this time. There are also some singletrack/ATV trails around Yellow Pine I'd like to ride as well. There is a lookout and Riordon Lake.
We drove through McCall last Saturday. Holy moly what a nightmare that place has become with all the Boisefornians headed there...every single weekend. Friday north to Mcall and Sunday south to Boise, hwy 55 looks like a long train.
Though I've driven to Atlanta by truck before, I've never ridden any trails. I've hiked parts of Skeleton and Ross Peak area when hunting many, many years ago. Some of those trails scared me just walking them! Plus 20 on the Covid gotta go!

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Heading up to Baumgartner tomorrow to ride that area for the weekend.
I've ridden that area several times. It's got a HUGE trail system! Be sure you know where you are going or you'll end up way out there! Ha! Looking forward to a ride report. I've only ridden it on my KX250 set up with an autoclutch and of course, more power and suspension than a TW200. I'm interested in how one takes to these trails. Lots of side-hill. Narrow track that had me rubbing the uphill peg and bar into the hillside and scared to death that if my front tire varied more than a few inches, it was a LONG way down and usually a fast flowing stream at the bottom my bike might pin me under. Took me days for my butt cheeks to unclench and I could crap again. Ha!

·
Registered
330 Posts
I was in a SXS up there. My buddy and his wife are working the Landmark Ranger Station this summer and we went up to visit them. Wanted to go into Rearden Lake but ran out of time.
I will be on my TTR250 this weekend at Baumgartner and my buddy on his WR450 with Recluse. I'm not good at ride reports but I think we will be spending more time there in the next coming years. It is a vast trail system. You're more than welcome to join us. Camped somewhere between Featherville and Baumgartner campground. Newer Blue Chevy Crew cab with 27' box trailer with Utah plates

1 - 12 of 12 Posts