TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm riding home from work yesterday, and I had my first little wipe out.:laughing8:
50 mile ride to work and 50 home. Froze my ass off in the morning so I would be rewarded with a great ride home. All was going well. There is a place called Star Valley along the northern run of the Rubies, and a house we have been working on for a few years now. (indecisive people with $$$) Anyway, along this road there is a sand and gravel business so the road has great smaller gravel and very well groomed. Couldn't ask for a better riding surface. However, it doesn't last. It turns into what I call "Golf Ball Gravel". Large, round, very loose gavel. I was only going about 25mph and taking the cleanest lines I could. But suddenly, before I could swear, got bucked off and LCpl laid down in the dirt. Damn Death Wing. Only hurt my pride as only cows saw me do it. Got up, dusted off, picked up the bike, kicked the tire, said "DAMN HORSE!", got back on, and continued a great ride home.

Moral: If you get bucked off, get back on and show that horse who's boss.:evil6:

And the new hand guards work great.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Death wing strikes again. It’s pretty good on pavement and terrible on gravel and loose DG.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Is a bummer to go down at any speed. Riding on marbles it doesn't matter what tire you have up front it is going to be an adventure. Glad you weren't hurt.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
25 is pretty fast to go over (really any speed).
Thank God you can write about it here and you are ok.

·
Registered
19,206 Posts
Glad you're OK. That stock front tire can be tricky, especially when anywhere near the Death Star...or is it Deeth Starr? death star.jpg

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Deeth Starr. Ha ha.From now on I'm playing the Imperial March every time I go to their house. It'll be about a decade before we finish at this rate. Just like the Death Star.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts