TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is why they stare at me I guess beside T-Dub is pretty interesting looking bike which I love to ride anywhere I can...

When the sun is nice out and waves are kicking it's time to ride T-Dub to the beach. I only bring my skimboard, towels, and a backpack with me. And a helmet on my head

·
Registered
231 Posts
as long as you're not riding in boardshorts and flip flops i promise i wont stare.

have you thought about a scooter surfboard rack?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Have you done any off-road with those tires? hard pack, sand, mud? I am looking for a set of pavement mostly tires but am curious as to how much I give up for light trail riding.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Have you done any off-road with those tires? hard pack, sand, mud? I am looking for a set of pavement mostly tires but am curious as to how much I give up for light trail riding.
i run the bridgestone TW204 in the rear and TW203 up front and they perform great on road, its a quiet tire w/ no buzz, and they handle EXCELLENTLY in the wet BUT they are mediocre at best off road. in gravel and coarse dirt i have been fine. with sand,fine dirt and mud i dont theink they would perform well. i havnt even tried.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Have you read Jerrycan and Linda's adventure on TWs? check this link: http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=13086.0

Tires they're running on their bikes are Shinko428 which are pretty similar to mine Bridgestone TW204 (rear) and TW 203 (front). same as ATXthumper with Bridgestone TW204/203 you probably wanna avoid deep sand and deep mud. But light off road or fire trails they won't have any problems. On the street they're sticky either in wet or dry condition. I mostly ride my bike to work or to the beach. No chance (yet) to take it to real off road trail like Jerrycan and Linda did or the rest of the guys here mostly do

·
Registered
13,905 Posts
Not quite sure if this would cause someone to stare at me or not! I'm guessing the potential is there. Just to be funny I think I will actually strap this up and drive around town and see what happens. Scooby surely won't care would he?

Disclaimer: In no way am I advocating a child seat be used on the back of any motorcycle!! With a child in it! Most helmets don't fit little kids so I don't think it's safe.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts

Taken the weekend I rode 1100+ road miles to ride 76 miles of unforgetable dirt roads through the desert. Temps up to 112*F, rattlesnakes on the pavement, javelinas trying to get in the tent, Mexican bulls refusing to give up their territory, mule deer laying down 15 feet from me while setting up a tent. Fun trip.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
immgunn: Is this a military issue bike? Are those machine guns in the front? that would be my questions when I see your T-Dub on the street if I never had one
- like that spare gas tank

qwerty: the car driver behind you probably think that your bike is ridden by ghost. They can't see if there's some one rides it or not
- your TW looks sweet with that tank...(XT's?)

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
That is a Clarke tank for an XT350. It holds 4 gallons. Best mod I ever did on a bike.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
When I was in San Diego, I used my TW for 99% (yes, it is embarrassing) commuting. I have a few modifications to it. It is fun to watch from inside the grocery store when I park it near the front doors. People ALWAYS look...and most of the time, probably are just trying to figure out what the hell it is....The fat tires throw people off..

·
Registered
254 Posts
Because we got a pumpkin on the back and a knobby on the front ?

regards, mac

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I am having trouble adding a JPEG...any suggestions..

·
Registered
32 Posts
I got some interesting looks today riding home with a new cb550 exhaust that I accidentally had delivered to my office.

Good thing it didn't arrive earlier in the week when we were having wind gusts up to 70mph.

·
Registered
572 Posts

I found on my V-Strom the best DS tire combo was a Tourance on the rear and a TKC knobbie on the front, it might work on the TW.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts