TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some time ago my tw broke a long spoke on the rear, and now I find 3 broken long spokes in the rear wtf??? I do not abuse this rig at all, some light off road use and mostly back and forth to work, it has around 4300 miles now, anybody else running into this problem?

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I have only had one spoke on all my bikes ever break and it was do to me not checking the tightness.
Spokes break if the spokes are not of even tension. Check for loose spokes, some spokes may also be over tightened.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I will take it to my local bike shop and have my buddy take a look at it you may be right, they have seemed ok when I checked them in the past but I have no idea what the correct tension is.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
.....but I have no idea what the correct tension is.
The correct tension is whatever makes the wheel round and run true. If your buddy has experience in wheel truing, best take it to him. There IS a general range of tensions in a properly trued wheel, but if it is not bent, no spokes should be loose to the point of sounding a very dull clunk instead of a ring when struck with a screwdriver.

In a TW that old, the spokes could also be corroded and/or weakened by previous owner's abuse.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts