TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New thread- for anyone curious about something that can't find the reason/answer for....serious or otherwise.

One of mine-

Two of my close buddies sport facial hair(beards). Nothing unusual,not my preference,but,to each,his own. Now,on occasion ,I have tactfully asked each pal "why the hell do you have that?":D
I never get a sensible/believable response;often a mean scowl,a suggestion that I should have sex with myself,etc.,etc. Of course,at that point in our polite discussion,I'll rename one of them 'Abe' or
"Caleb" and ask them to loose the horse and buggy and join us in this century. That doesn't help,either.:D
All joking aside,I would like to know what the motivation is- Too lazy to shave? Diggin' that Harvard prof look? What? These two guys are a bit too sensitive to my questions,so maybe someone knows
what the benefits of beards are.......

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Susan likes mine.

Otherwise, I'd be clean shaven.

Used to love going to the barber for a real shave. I really miss it, but a relationship is full of compromise.

I'm happy.

New thread- for anyone curious about something that can't find the reason/answer for....serious or otherwise.

One of mine-

Two of my close buddies sport facial hair(beards). Nothing unusual,not my preference,but,to each,his own. Now,on occasion ,I have tactfully asked each pal "why the hell do you have that?":D
I never get a sensible/believable response;often a mean scowl,a suggestion that I should have sex with myself,etc.,etc. Of course,at that point in our polite discussion,I'll rename one of them 'Abe' or
"Caleb" and ask them to loose the horse and buggy and join us in this century. That doesn't help,either.:D
All joking aside,I would like to know what the motivation is- Too lazy to shave? Diggin' that Harvard prof look? What? These two guys are a bit too sensitive to my questions,so maybe someone knows

·
Super Moderator
17,639 Posts
Chicks dig them. I shave when I have to for an occasion or about once a month.

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
I had one for years, I liked the look. I still had to shave every day to keep it from where I didn't want it. Thinking about it again for the winter now, it's damn cold already... The wife hates it though...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Decided to convert my scruffy face from 10-days in the deer woods into a beard after maybe 8 or 10 years off daily shaving. Used to grow one yearly; quit when gray started showing up. Chicks said I looked way younger shaved, but I don't care about that anymore.

Getting lots of reaction in the office from people who had no idea of my alter ego (the one who rides a dirt bike, bow hunts, etc). Kinda cool being a bit of a rebel. Beards come and they go; no biggie.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I'm too lazy to shave, and I hate the ingrown hairs when I do have to shave for some reason.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
beard in the winter because it keeps my face warmer, clean shaven and cool in the summer. Its like a fur coat.

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
Our place in Tennessee has no running water in the outdoor shower. Try shaving in the dark with cold water and soon you will say the heck with it. I did and after coming home to hot water and lights several ladies told me the beard looked good.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts

One of mine-

You have issues, bro. Pet department at Walmart has a bag of clear glass dohickeys that look like squashed marbles. You might find one handy as a self-focusing belly button window.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Interesting answers,fellas.
And Querty-I'm damn sure not your bro. Sounds to me like you have experience with those glass dohickies,care to share that with us?

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
No, bro. Not until you explain what gives you the right to be a smart ass to people with beards, and probably not then.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Maybe you should look at it from a different direction. A beard grows natural on a mans face and it is not natural to shave it off every day! I am pretty sure if you had no razor you would have a dam hard time keeping your face clean shaven.

I wear a beard all winter long and go mostly clean shaven below my upper lip in the summer. It is pretty common to find me in June with a few days growth at any time since I am retired and have no need or desire to drag a razor over my face every day. I did it for 50 years and enjoy the freedom these days to do what ever I feel like today. I honestly don't give a darn what anyone else thinks and I clean up when ever it pleases me.

GaryL

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
My answer to this burning question is simple:
I like it.

My advice to you?
If you want a beard, have one.
If you don't...don't.

·
Super Moderator
17,639 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Some people seem to subscribe to religions (I can think of 3 right off) that require they keep their facial hair. Maybe that's their deal and they don't care to advertise that part?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Qwerty,I don't owe you any explanation on any topic. You are just one member of this forum,keep that in mind-those 9+K posts do not give you any special status.......zero,bud. You're not in a position to question anyone,especially here,in this forum. Your 'bull of the woods' demeanour is aggravating, and you're certainly not the authority that you fancy yourself being....If you want to butt heads with me regarding subjects,do so.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Gentlemen, If you had a face like mine, you wouldn't even ask the question ... "why"......it would be self evident!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well,qwerto,I just finished reading a thesis by Dr. Helmut Zarcoff (University of Munich) regarding your very problem-CFD (Compulsive Forum Disorder). It's a fascinating piece of work,involving several years of research and interviewing those afflicted just like yourself.....
The symptoms were consistent amongst all CFD sufferers- delusional thoughts,opinions,aggressive behavior, choosing to reside in the 'Internet world' rather than the real world ,perceiving special status
because of excessive posting,etc.,etc.
For those with CFD,the PC is truly their 'Inflate-A Mate' with a USB port instead of a valve stem. Sad.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts