·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Great video G!! :D

Reactions: jtomelliott49

·
Registered
928 Posts
Every time I watch that video, it really makes me feel good about trying to learn dirt riding. I'm closer to 50 than 40 at this point, but still want to get out and go... the fact these guys have done it really gives me hope.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I use age as an excuse. I will hit 64 this week and just don't heal like I used to back at 20 when I rode my bikes like I stole them. Back when I was 15, 16 & 17 the best excuse to go to work was to buy the parts I broke on my bikes doing stunts and riding on the edge. These days a good ride is one that I don't have to fix anything I broke and can get the bike clean with a quick hosing. The real glory of the TW and being older is now that I have slowed down to a crawl I get to see a total different view of the places I ride. I never care if I get there first but on my TW I always get there and back in one piece.

GaryL

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Every time I watch that video, it really makes me feel good about trying to learn dirt riding. I'm closer to 50 than 40 at this point, but still want to get out and go... the fact these guys have done it really gives me hope.
Luv, I am pushing 70 and love to get out and tear it up with the guys and gals on the TW's. Hope to be in my 80's and still on one. Ride sensibly and respect the solids, big rocks trees and such. Hope to ride with you someday.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
You look more like 20, than anywhere near 50 my dear... :)

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Mid life Hell!

@ 67 that train left the station long ago....my goal is to NOT die in a old age Nursing Home or some such other Hell Hole....if it happens on a baseball diamond, the foothills of Big Bend, or in a Hot Tube with a bevy of Hotties, with a cold Amber Draft and a Fat Cigar....that is called...."Winning The Game";)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Mid life Hell!

@ 67 that train left the station long ago....my goal is to NOT die in a old age Nursing Home or some such other Hell Hole....if it happens on a baseball diamond, the foothills of Big Bend, or in a Hot Tube with a bevy of Hotties, with a cold Amber Draft and a Fat Cigar....that is called...."Winning The Game";)
+1!!!

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
My riding buddy turned 71 a few weeks ago. We went out on our BMW's today for first time together this year and he rolled over 100k miles on his bought new 2004 1150GSa. We stopped at a Yamaha dealer and he eyeballed the XT250 which is a little taller than the TW but a little more HP and fuel injected. We're going to roll another few hundred miles tomorrow for a burger Denny's Beer Barrel Pub | The official home of Denny's Beer Barrel Pub

He has one of these too! https://www.google.com/search?q=bmw+boxer+cup+rep&tbm=isch&imgil=iPInpvGl7DyzzM%3A%3BzfOl2kOswxDplM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.motorcyclenews.com%252Fbike-reviews%252Fbmw%252Fr1100s%252F1999%252F&source=iu&pf=m&fir=iPInpvGl7DyzzM%3A%2CzfOl2kOswxDplM%2C_&usg=__n12B3WFN4cRIDvi993KihkwTBho=&biw=1385&bih=715&ved=0ahUKEwiPq_uj4N_LAhUJ0h4KHdyxB-oQyjcIKA&ei=Vzz3Vs-jIYmke9zjntAO#imgrc=i_IBxTqXb7DeEM:

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
I love video's like that. You gotta fight to the end...ya just do. I have seen that one before, and really enjoyed seeing it again. Inspiring Tony, thanks bro. :D

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
I love video's like that. You gotta fight to the end...ya just do. I have seen that one before, and really enjoyed seeing it again. Inspiring Tony, thanks bro. :D
I have seen it before too and really enjoy it. It is a reminder that time is running out.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Something we should consider daily...yep.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts