TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week, BkCntryCrwlr, RoninBoise, and myself took a short afternoon ride. And Georgie too! Our route took us up Wildcat Gulch rd towards Idaho City, where we had a scooby snack, then back to the rigs through New Centerville down Grimes Creek. It was a easy leisurely ride.

Didn't take many pictures, but here's a few I did take.

BkCntryCrwlr gettin' ready

Georgie relaxing and waiting to go

Once we got up on the ridge south of Warm Springs Point lookin' west, we could see Boise Ridge and Shafer Butte. Foreground was a fire within
the last year or two.

Shafer Butte zoomed in

After our scooby snacks, and before heading out of town, we stopped and took a photo or two of the most photographed corner in Idaho City.
Most Photographed Corner in Idaho City | Oh, the Places We See . . ..
It's called The Sluice Box: Closed with a caretaker. Apparently for sale? Welcome - The Sluice Box
All the years I've been in to visit Idaho City, I've never seen it open.

The American Picker's guys would love to get in here I'm sure. Heck, even I would!

That's it for photo's.

Short video

We didn't see any "Wildcats" on this ride, but we did see 1 "Wild Turkey", which was not very photogenic I might add:p

Take Care You'all

·
Registered
466 Posts
Great pics!
At 30 seconds at the over look are those trees damaged from fire or pine beetles? Can't tell from the video.
If beetles it is unbelievable how many trees are being affected here in the west!

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Good times! Thanks for sharing them with us. I like how BkCntryCrwlr painted his Cyclerack to match the frame. Looks good.

·
Registered
13,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great pics!
At 30 seconds at the over look are those trees damaged from fire or pine beetles? Can't tell from the video.
If beetles it is unbelievable how many trees are being affected here in the west!

In this case, the damage to the tree's was caused by a fire in July of last year (2013). I've not seen too much Pine Beetle damage in this part of Idaho (Boise) as I have in other parts. In the area's where the Beetles attacked, the damage to the tree's was horrible.

I don't remember the exact cause of the fire, but at one time it was mentioned that it was human caused.

In this photo, you can see some of the bushes are still darkened from when they were burned.

·
Registered
13,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good times! Thanks for sharing them with us. I like how BkCntryCrwlr painted his Cyclerack to match the frame. Looks good.
The color of his cyclerack was something that caught my eye right off as well. Hopefully Georgie didn't scratch it when she jumped up on his TW! Oops!

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
BkCntryCrwlr gettin' ready
for a second i thought it was the reincarnation of my bike!
white bike red.jpg
couldn't confuse the scenery, that's beautiful country you guys have. thanks for sharing your ride.

·
Registered
19,551 Posts
Very nice that you three got together foe such a pretty ride. One valuable thing about this forum is it allows us to find other TW owners to share rides with.

·
Registered
13,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You might be the boss but Georgie is the star. No doubt about it!!!!
Best non-English speaking riding pard I've ever had:D

:( Wasn't going to mention this, but I will. Next morning after the ride, my wife told me Georgie was pretty slow moving and walking with a limp. She's getting older and we can see the signs she's slowing down, but doggone it, she's so excited to go riding. It's hard to say no, she pouts like no tomorrow! I suppose jumping on and off the TW is taking it's toll. Heck, even I get tired at the end of the day swing the leg over, so I get it. Wife suggested I not take her as much as I have in the past. I can't argue with this. Georgie will still go on our camp rides, but we're gonna try (try), to transition her to the ATV. She rides on the ATV already, we just gotta push her more in that direction. Gotta reduce the wear and tear on the old girl.

P.S. She still chases after the Whistle Pigs with all the vigor she's always had though. No letting up there:D

Whistle Pig: http://www.mountainhome.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123257393

·
Registered
19,551 Posts
Since Georgie seems so smart, skillful and motivated could not she be trained to wait for you to lift her on and off TW or ATV? This might lessen impacts on her old joints . I have done this with older four footers in and out of cars. Sam, my imitation black bear lookalike, uses a ramp for to get in and out of the truck. He has learned to use and appreciate the ramp after initial fear and refusal. He got an 325 mg aspirin after his two mile run this morning for pain. Remadyl is another anti-inflamatory that works very well but costs more.
Sad to see such loyal companions fade before we do. She will run herself into the ground to be with you so anything you can do to keep her in the saddle longer is good.

·
Registered
13,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Admiral
Trucked both my two month old TW and 1 year old Grom over to Lucky Peak Dam; and then rode each on a test ride up to Idaho City and back on that very day. Wouldn't know your bike but thought it might have been you, and a couple others since I saw your riding partner on the back of a parked bike on Hwy 21 in Idaho City. Wondering if he was a little disappointed that he was not invited inside for the food and drink that you all must have been enjoying inside. You could at least leave him the keys so he could go have a little fun while waiting...I'm sure he could have shown me around ;)
Hope your test ride went better than the two fellas' that crashed up there the other day. Not been on 21 with the TW, but did way back, when I had my Harley. Nice twisty road if traffic ain't so bad.

I've been spotted! Yeah, the TW might not be distinct, but a black dog on the back may catch the eye! Georgie got a little hot sitting out there, so she took it upon herself to rest in the shade on the front porch. Felt sorry for her so I gave her some tatter tots. Staff didn't care much for me putting the tots on the front porch for Georgie to eat. BCC covered my back and moved the tots out by the TW's for Georgie to finish off, while I was in the head.

Take care.

·
Registered
13,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Since Georgie seems so smart, skillful and motivated could not she be trained to wait for you to lift her on and off TW or ATV? This might lessen impacts on her old joints . I have done this with older four footers in and out of cars. Sam, my imitation black bear lookalike, uses a ramp for to get in and out of the truck. He has learned to use and appreciate the ramp after initial fear and refusal. He got an 325 mg aspirin after his two mile run this morning for pain. Remadyl is another anti-inflamatory that works very well but costs more.
Sad to see such loyal companions fade before we do. She will run herself into the ground to be with you so anything you can do to keep her in the saddle longer is good.
If I can just get her to stay on instead of jumping off everytime I stop, that would help. I've started tell her to "stay" and that works...mostly. Jumping back on is what's noticeable right now and I've had to give her a helping hand once in a while.

After the last couple rides, wife has given her the low dose aspirin. I'll have to check on how much is appropriate to give a dog. For the time being, I'm mainly just gonna reduce the amount of rides she goes on. ...and try to keep it to shorter ones. You know how they are when you hit the starter button!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Great pictures and history. I'm adding Idaho to the bucket list of trail riding, looks like alot of fun up there.:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts