TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wet El Nino year has grown a lot of fuel in our woods, already have had several fires including the area Adam and I posted a ride report from near Pyramid Lake.

Anyways yesterdays extremely strong winds were driving a grassland fire towards a nearby rural subdivision when a hobbyist's drone 50 ft approach interfered with one of the air assets willing to fly. No footage from the drone, but the helicopter's video (Raven 3, a Regional Aviation Enforcement Unit Huey remanufactured into a dipper) is fascinating, is imbedded in the Hawkin Fire link below:
Drone flies 50 feet from Raven, almost grounding air support for ...

Drones can get fascinating imagery but must co-ordinate through local airport as a clearing house to avoid mid-air conflicts..

·
Registered
19,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A major portion of this area we rode in february has recently burned up. The incinerated sage grows back quickly but any fried pinion pine groves won't come back in my time.:(

·
Registered
19,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I saw just on the north west side of the road near where we parked burned last month, just had better video from the south east side. Pardon my artistic license.:p I believe a more accurate burn location is at bottom of hills in this video but didn't want others to have to see me pass Adam again on that steep slope.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
I can't imagine how difficult it must be to fight those fires, and it must take a special person with some serious stamina to be a firefighter. My prayers are with you guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts