TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Sounds like you need a fire break. Is that possible where your house is located?

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like you need a fire break. Is that possible where your house is located?
we're ok on 3 sides, but at the back of the house, the trees are right there. the house is insured, but we have 2 horses. it looks like if we are forced out fast, then the horses will have to be turned loose, so we can save our own butts. it's will be crappy

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow I would have thought BC was to wet to ever burn!

the person taking the video could have simply turned the phone and showed the entire fire - tempted to insert cheesehead joke here lol
well it's been 95-100f every day for the last 2-3 weeks with no moisture

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
It's dryer than a popcorn fart out there with wildfires everywhere. Hope ya'll won't need the water drop helicopters to fly over your house. One of our sons came out to our house this weekend and was surprised how close the fire got to our house.

This weekend our neighbors who lost their house started cleaning up. Probably had to wait for fire investigators and/or insurance people to finish their on-site investigations.

Stay safe.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it's like popcorn out there all right!! this morning we are smoked in, can't see the mountains that are only 2 miles away. the winds must be blowing the fire ( Princeton fire ) from the south towards us

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

here's an interesting video. I haven't seen these planes yet. this is in central BC. not far from my wife's family's cabin. this is a very small lake that they are picking water out of

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
We're having a ton of fires (grass & sage brush) out in the deserts everywhere. The bad part of the fire season hasn't even started here due to the high snowpack we had in the mountains. However, our state rarely gets by without "the big one" anymore up in the mountains, so we're not too far off in experiencing what you're going through.

·
Super Moderator
17,921 Posts
Cool little airplane's!! Stay safe bro!! Praying for you!!

·
Registered
311 Posts
it's like popcorn out there all right!! this morning we are smoked in, can't see the mountains that are only 2 miles away. the winds must be blowing the fire ( Princeton fire ) from the south towards us
My nephew is on the provincial wildfire crew fighting the Princeton fire. Lots of firefighters putting in long long hours all over the BC interior. I'll urge him to work even harder :)

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
It's amazing how fast those large pines explode into flames.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Have you talked with Otto?

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Have you talked with Otto?
no, I believe the Princeton fire has been headed away from Princeton. there is a new one started last night, about 40 miles south of us, headed our way. it took out some house in the first few hours. this morning they say it is 80% contained. last night they had to evacuate Williams Lake, a town of 10,000. it sounds like about 1/2 of the towns in the whole of the Cariboo country are now evacuated

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just looked at an " official " road map of the road closures in BC, because of the fires. highway 5, north of Princeton is closed. most of highway 97 through the interior of the province and highways leading out of any involved towns are closed, except for evacuation. I'm guessing, you can't get there from here! or from anywhere. Major lakes are closed so the water bombers can reload without problems. Air space is restricted. Holy Crap!! We maybe in trouble, first the fishing industry when nipples up, then the mining, and now we won't have any trees to log. we may have to rely on the Asian tourist for an income. Make room Utah, we maybe moving!

·
Registered
435 Posts
Greg, Talked to Otto in Princeton, said they did the evacuation thing last week, fire is 7km from his place, that's close. Said he's ok as long as the wind doesn't shift

1 - 20 of 56 Posts