TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I just purchased a 2012 TW and going to pick it up this weekend.
Am I going to be able to strap it down in the back of my truck? Probably with the tailgate down? What do you think.
Thanks

·
Registered
209 Posts
Welcome CBTW, as to your question yes and yes, if you have a 6'6 bed then you can strap it down w/ the tailgate up (1" to spare.) If it's a crew cab, then you'll need to leave the tailgate down, or go diagonal.
My 2001 150 super cab was great, not too tall and fit great, my 2016 4x4 is too tall and too short, so I got a hitch mount carrier....
It's a real pain compared to rolling into the bed w/ a ramp, strapping down and hauling a$$...

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Congrats!

It is only 82" long.
What is your bed size?
What is it diagonal?...you can probably close the tailgate, if you want.

·
Registered
107 Posts
This would be a moot question if you had a real truck with a 8 ft bed. I tried to buy a truck last year and they didn't even have anything without a crew cab. very sorry times.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I am a retired builder. There are reasons to have and not to have an 8' bed. I have a Chevy S-10 and it has 'at the pumps' and turning radius qualities I sure enjoy compared to my 3/4 and 1ton 4X4s. But for the record, I always tie my TW into a corner for the greater security it provides. And I also moved my bike across the country in a Ford Windstar minivan. All this meant is to swing the handlebars down, lean it over to clear the door jamb, and smile at it for 3 thousand miles. But the real test was when I only had a Toyota Camry. What I came up with was to put the front wheel in the trunk, lock it in with a few blocks of wood cut to fit, and roll on with the rear wheel. A small town cop didn't see that it was worth a discussion. My son had it on his VW Cabriolet by putting the front wheel between the front seats, with the top down, and the rear wheel on the deck lid.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts