TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you sir, I did indeed find a lot of good stuff........:)

It also comes with the skirting and the key for the locking cap. Apparently the T-dub petcock fits so I said that I would take it. I had read a lot of stuff on XT350's and Clarke tanks but not on the XT225's. For me it is a 50/50 split between aesthetics and the extra 50/60 kms between refills.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
the link for the xt225 tank is in my signature. it's an easy swap that can be done in under an hour. i've never looked back from my swap, and did the same on my dad's bike.
you'll be able to sell your tdub tank for more than $85CND.

from r80rt:
<< I didn't do anything to the seat to get it to fit, just flexed it back on. I did trim the plastic on the left side to get to the petcock. The posts on the frame, that hold the front rubber puck tank mounts, needed 1/4 inch cut off on each side and I trimmed the stock pucks to be 1/4" thinner on each side. Other than that it bolted right up. >>

i did just as he lists, ground my rubber pucks on the concrete for a minute to shave off enough, used my stock petcock and it's was a snap.
congrats on your future upgrade.

·
Registered
19,213 Posts
r80rt's XT225 tank found a new home on my Betty Boop but got painted glo orange in the adoption process.
It can be a pleasingly small world here at times with various members helping each other out and swapping parts.
I think Putt-putt will be busy over Christmas.:p

·
Registered
13,239 Posts
Tan TW right foreground is my XT225 tank without the shroud. I got mine from Fred who got it from a guy who got it from a guy and so forth. The XT225 tanks do blend in well on the TW. For the extra fuel range, I'd rather use my XT350 Clarke 4 gallon tank but I've put it on my XT200 for now so the XT225 tank will stay on my TW for now.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Thank you sir, I did indeed find a lot of good stuff........:)

It also comes with the skirting and the key for the locking cap. Apparently the T-dub petcock fits so I said that I would take it. I had read a lot of stuff on XT350's and Clarke tanks but not on the XT225's. For me it is a 50/50 split between aesthetics and the extra 50/60 kms between refills.
I was always a fan of steel tanks leaning towards the XT350 but the XT225's are a great looking swap with matching colors year for year with the TW so it's a great choice, A straight rust free XT225 tank is worth $200 USD all day long

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
deals are out there... i paid $125 for my first '05 tank (on ebay) and the 2 yrs later topped it paying $75 (on craigslist) for the second one. both were pristine and with the shrouds.
View attachment 144042

as placerlode mentioned, i wanted a steel tank and i loved the colors and graphics for the later year xt225. the tank isn't as big as the xt350, but i think it looks better and the xtra 50-60 miles is a good sweet spot.

View attachment 144058 View attachment 144050
before after

1 - 12 of 12 Posts