TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are all the known windshield options for our TWs? How do they compare? Which one do you prefer and why?

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That one is a good one for sure. I’ve seen other TWs with other shields. Any body tried one?

·
Registered
960 Posts
I have the National Cycle DX. It is the best windscreen in the world. Nobody should get any other windshield than the National Cycle DX. Everyone should put a National Cycle DX windscreen on their TW. Made in the USA.

Oh yeah. Jimbo is a great guy who makes the best looking shield in the coolest colors in the world. I just needed a little more coverage. Jimbo and his product are also made in the USA.

Slipstreamer is also made in the USA and makes a great looking and great covering windscreen.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I pulled a Spitfire from another bike (Yamaha 750) and slipped it on the TW just to see if I wanted a bigger shield. Jimbo's is great but its a deflector, not a shield. Its more like mascara rather than safety glasses.
Back to the Spitfire. It fit with a bit of tweeking, and was definitely a plus in the winter, but I did not like it for the offroad stuff that I do. I felt that it was a sharp object too close to my juglar in the event of an endover. Probably none of us plan those moves, but they do happen on the rocky arroyos that I cross if you are not careful.
In brief, I don't use it, but if I only did pavement, and experienced cool or wet, I'd run it all the time. Make me an offer and come get it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the replies. Any links to purchase?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The picture links don’t work.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Does anyone know what the model number is on the spitfire or slipstreamer? I found a few on Amazon but not sure which one will fit.

·
Super Moderator
18,141 Posts
Brandon, here are a few that have been used by members on the forum, but you'll have to look up further info on them, plus the prices are most likely out of date also.

Maier Universal - 14.5" x 16" : $83

National Cycle - 15" x 15" : $100-$110

Slipstreamer Viper - 17.25" x 22.25" : $90-$115

Slipstreamer Spitfire - 15" x 17.5" : $55-$65

Givi Airstars - 16.75" x 14.5" : $110-$125

Found another reference from a forum member who used this one.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000WK8EGA?tag=vs-powersports-convert-amazon-20

Hope this helps...

·
Super Moderator
18,141 Posts
Wonder how long it would take him to drive over and pick it up... :p
I pulled a Spitfire from another bike (Yamaha 750) and slipped it on the TW just to see if I wanted a bigger shield. Jimbo's is great but its a deflector, not a shield. Its more like mascara rather than safety glasses.
Back to the Spitfire. It fit with a bit of tweeking, and was definitely a plus in the winter, but I did not like it for the offroad stuff that I do. I felt that it was a sharp object too close to my juglar in the event of an endover. Probably none of us plan those moves, but they do happen on the rocky arroyos that I cross if you are not careful.
In brief, I don't use it, but if I only did pavement, and experienced cool or wet, I'd run it all the time. Make me an offer and come get it.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Peruano:

More like mascara than safety glasses - lol, love it!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts