TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I would love a windshield of some kind. I emailed the guy at trailway café for the café/ jimbo shield a couple times already and have had no response. Is he still in business? If any of you fine people have any suggestions I would love to hear them. The café shield fits and looks nice, however appears to be a bit on the small side. Kinda thinking I might want a handlebar mounted shield if there are any out there that fit without too much of a modification. Got my cycleracks rear rack on the way. Cant wait for that. Good thing my wife lets me have a nice allowance for customizing. Thanks y'all.

·
Registered
322 Posts
The Jimbo shield does more than you'd think. I was pleasantly surprised by the difference. But you're not going to get the protection of a large on road type of windscreen.
One of the reasons you don't see them on many off road motorcycles is they tend to become cutters in crashes.

The TW isn't that fast so a big windshield would seem to be more in the way than helpful. But I know others use their motorcycles differently. That's one of the good things about customizing, you can do what you want!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey littletommy,

If you have a have a direct line to the windshield god, could you please give him a prayer from me? My last prayer from May 11 wasn't heard...

Cheers, Bert.

·
Registered
885 Posts
The Nationalcycle DX windshield is the best windshield in the world. Nobody should get any other windshield than the Nationalcycle DX. Everyone should put a National Cycle DX windscreen on their TW.

Note***fabricate your "L" brackets out of round steel stock and paint them black for the best mounting and adjustment. Make the brackets a foot in each direction and zizz wheel them off as you see fit for trimming. Do not worry about the coefficient drag. I can still keep up with the Katanas (When my TW is in the back of my truck). I will say that with the DX and a spoiler I still see 65 MPH is complete stock form all day long.

I also want to say that Jimbo is the real deal with an excellent product. I spend more time on open road than I ever thought I would when I got the bike. I just needed a bit more shield.

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
Littletommy, I asked him how to order, i.e. what info he needs and never heard back.
Ok, here's what you need to do... ;)

Email him at: [email protected]

Provide him your: Full Name and Forum name, shipping address, phone number, and let him know the color you prefer. That's about it.

When you do this, if you let me know, I'll text him and give him a heads up for you so he can get right on it for you... ;)

Jim's good people... and makes a real quality windshield.

(tell him tommy sent ya...haha) :D

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Jimbo shield does more than you'd think. I was pleasantly surprised by the difference. But you're not going to get the protection of a large on road type of windscreen.
One of the reasons you don't see them on many off road motorcycles is they tend to become cutters in crashes.

The TW isn't that fast so a big windshield would seem to be more in the way than helpful. But I know others use their motorcycles differently. That's one of the good things about customizing, you can do what you want!
Right you are. I just got it, installed it in a snap, and went for a ride. Small shield, big difference. Thanks for the feedback everyone.

·
Registered
37 Posts

Provide him your: Full Name and Forum name, shipping address, phone number, and let him know the color you prefer. That's about it.

When you do this, if you let me know, I'll text him and give him a heads up for you so he can get right on it for you... ;)

Hey Tommy, I emailed Jim with the info. Told him that you sent me... ;-)

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
37 Posts

Arrived as if it was beamed over... couldn't resist and install right away: https://www.tw200forum.com/forum/general-discussion/6658-what-have-you-done-your-tw-today-post955940.html#post955940

Now I have to fix the girl and test it all out!

Thank you for your help and coordinating with Jimbo!

·
Registered
349 Posts
The Nationalcycle DX windshield is the best windshield in the world. Nobody should get any other windshield than the Nationalcycle DX. Everyone should put a National Cycle DX windscreen on their TW.

Note***fabricate your "L" brackets out of round steel stock and paint them black for the best mounting and adjustment. Make the brackets a foot in each direction and zizz wheel them off as you see fit for trimming. Do not worry about the coefficient drag. I can still keep up with the Katanas (When my TW is in the back of my truck). I will say that with the DX and a spoiler I still see 65 MPH is complete stock form all day long.

I also want to say that Jimbo is the real deal with an excellent product. I spend more time on open road than I ever thought I would when I got the bike. I just needed a bit more shield.
Michael Bryce Winnick,
You need to stop being so wishy washy and let us know what you think.
I enjoy reading your posts.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts