TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Winona's ongoing "makeovers"

So....In early july I bought a 2015 well aware of the aftermarket parts available. The stormtrooper looking white plastic had to go. I want to make it look street but remain more geared to offroad ( Edit....I recently changed my mind on some things. more mods later in the thread.)

I used...
- cyclerack's rear rack (I have a front rack that needs some mods to fit new lights)
- shinko 244 front tire
- metallic grey tire rim paint (holds up well!)
- all lights from ebay
-ABS sheet for taillight holder(bandsaw and heatgun)
- itube motorcycle sound system (ebay, love it!)

Presenting....... Winona! (click to enlarge)
mytdub.jpg
DSCF0046.JPG
DSCF0047.JPG
DSCF0048.JPG

I would like a tuck and roll seat but they seem to skimp on the padding...may have to make my own, or have one made. The stock fabric gives me a wedgy and it looks like it belongs on jetski. I'd also like to replace the rear cowl with something custom once I find a seat solution.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

I forgot to mention that I'm also trying to think of something for a small windscreen suitable for offroad. Keep the dirt out and hear my tunes better. Maybe even duck my head behind it when I want to hear the motor better. I might to have to buy one to cut down and make my own mounts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Trail Woman, here is a wind screen that I am going to buy, for the long trek through Alaska in 2017. Will be buying it next year.

This link is through Happy Trails, which is a great supplier. National Cycle Deflector Screen DX - Adventure-Proven Motorcycle Gear and Aluminum Panniers

You may be able to find it elsewhere, here is the specific info:

National Cycle Deflector Screen DX
Thanks for the suggestion. Though not quite what I'm looking for. I ride mostly offroad so a more sturdy permanent mount would be ideal. I'd also like something to fit around my light without having to mod it.

I'm currently considering this one though I'm not sure how it will fit....have to measure my headlight (7"?)
Universal Flyscreen Motorcycle Bike Trike Fly Screen Light Smoke Effect | eBay

I am starting to like the naked look though...;)

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thanks! Yep all from ebay. Just research your measurements and make sure you have all the wires you need. Not all lights have a running light feature, and not every region require them.

I'll post a side view if I can find a decent one on my cam this weekend. She's buried in storage for the winter.

Oh yeah I noticed the connectors on some of the lights wires weren't the right size but I made them work (a fight and a PITA). I highly recommend using the right sized connectors if you can. I plan to replace mine when I get a chance but I wouldn't let that limit and complicate your choice of lights.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Winona got her sr241, hand guards, and high front fender mount now. Love it.
Also not long ago I installed a gun rack for machete, axe, or snippers etc. I'm thinking I'll likely remove them and the passenger pegs once the trail grooming is done this spring. My camera memory was full so I'll post more again soon.
DSCF0390[1].JPG
(click to enlarge)

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Winona got her sr241, hand guards, and high front fender mount now. Love it.
Also not long ago I installed a gun rack for machete, axe, or snippers etc. I'm thinking I'll likely remove them and the passenger pegs once the trail grooming is done this spring. My camera memory was full so I'll post more again soon.

(click to enlarge)
Nice and different look. If folks don't much care for the square headlight look on the TW you should see how ugly it looks (square headlight) on a 1983 XT200. I temporarily have a square headlight on the XT. Ugly for sure, even uglier without the cowling.

Forget all those engine mod's to upgrade the TW to a 225 or 250. I can see just by adding the hi front fender it looks like a 250 and that works for me. haha

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
"Excellent work good sir. Looove the headlight. any chance you've got a link to the one you purchased?"

"ahem...Good lady. Thanks."

Might have been a test Trail Woman. I was thinking the same thing myself. I thought it would be really funny if you were actually a guy. Glad you are not a guy and impressed with your knowledge of bikes, mechanics, electrical etc (weather male or female). Are you a trades person? Can you tell us a story? OK I'm getting out of here before I get into trouble.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If I was a guy the name Trail Woman would sound insulting to women. But now that you mention it that wouldn't surprise me either.

Thanks Peter.

Once upon a TW.....jk. As an artist, in order to pay the bills I've had to design and illustrate custom cabinets, built ins, and renovations, that I later had to apprentice on the construction of. I've never had enough money to be able to hire people and buy all the custom things I want so I've had to learn how to make those things. The internet makes it very easy to learn new skills and being able to do things yourself is empowering.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
"I've never had enough money to be able to hire people and buy all the custom things I want so I've had to learn how to make those things."

I get that. This is my version of one of those fancy shmancy 4 wheelers for under $1000 using a Honda Accord engine/ transmission with narrowed Chevy 4x4 axles all done in my garage.
Hpim0262.jpg

1 - 20 of 57 Posts