TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Steve McQueen green. Metal Mule pannier racks. Happy Trail Teton panniers. Solo seat on the shelf for summer when I want to be sporty. Lovely machine. Name: El Borak, from the Robert E. Howard pulp novels. Directly behind her is Major. 500cc Enfield Military Bullet with the "ammo can" panniers.

Registered
Well,a fellow RE500 owner! The RE's are a good bike for their minimal cost......so long as their owner understands their performance limits and requirements. I enjoy mine....

Attachments

Registered
I see this thing has a powered front wheel. Is it electric? Is the whole bike electric, or how is it powered. It appears to have a fuel tank or is that a cover for batteries?

Registered
Nice Rokon. Is it the Honda or Kohler engine? I am assuming that the seat isn't stock, if so what kind is it? It looks much more comfortable than my stock one.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
First, the ROKON. It is stock...sort of. If you go to the ROKON website you will see that all the bikes are now made with balloon style ATV tires, I was told that was to improve ride since there is no suspension. At least not on mine. I had always wanted a ROKON as a kid but never got one. In fact I never even got to see one in person. I had just stared at the ads in Field and Stream and Popular Mechanics magazines. When I realized two years ago that they were making them again I was disappointed when I saw the small wheels and balloon tires. The ROKON of my dreams was always the big wheeled agricultural tired machine. Long story short, I called ROKON and got to talk to the owner. He said he still had some tall steel wheels as NOS. He also said he could still source the Goodyear ag tires (they still put them on farm implements). So, he made me my ROKON just like I wanted 40 years ago, put it on a truck and shipped it to me here in Indiana. That was one fine day when I uncrated it. Mine has the Kohler engine with electric start. The
game carrier and a solo seat. As to the drive, it has a drive shaft that runs to a "miter box" on the forks and the chain then drops to the front sproket. It has a 3 speed non-syncromeshed transmission.

The Enfield. Yes, neat bikes. And, yes you need to know their limitations and quirks. Still loads of fun and the buy-in is reasonable. Darned things are usually an adventure to ride. I was coming back from the Bush Plane museum in Souix St. Marie Canada, and just over the bridge I lost all my electrics. Had to repair it in a Walgreens parking lot using very strange items. Got it running and made it on down the road a bit to the Wally World where I was able to get wire and fuses. The Major always seems to have something up his sleeve. The bikes are amazingly "field repairable" and I carry more tools on the Enfield than any other bike...I usually need them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts