TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Well earlier this week I acquired some kind of winter bug. My VA nurse said go to the hospital and let them figure it out. I did and they Xrayed my chest and took a throat swab, then the nurse said the next one goes up your nose. I asked how far? She laughed and stuck a looong probe up my nose.
I think it was a brain swab. It hurt, a lot! Later the doc came in and told me there was no evidence of flue or strep and that it was a bacterial infection.
He gave me three prescripts to use and I was on my way. Filling the prescripts cost 103 dollars and change. With that kind of price they better work.
At least this morning I could breathe when I woke up. Of course I was going through record amounts of paper towels for snot and loogies. The scary part was every time I coughed, I farted. Then about noon I found out why. All the medicines have given me diarrhea. Oh yeah, the power poops.
So now I lay around breathing okay but enduring gut cramps and explosive poops. My bowels are trying to catch me unawares and make me blast my pants.
I hate winter!

Registered
That's quite a descriptive story... and one I'm trying to forget.
Feel better. Lots of folks sick with flu-like symptoms around us but it's not the flu.

Registered
Wow! sometimes the cure is worse than the problem. I think this years flue and media coverage is scaring everyone to heck. Normally these things affect the weak and elderly. Not this year according to the media. Only the young healthy fitness nuts it seems this year.

Registered
Could the VA not provide the perscriptions to you directly or thru the mail or from a prescription despensory ?

Before being awarded 100% disability, I only had to pay $ 8.00 for each prescription per month. Now with the 100% permanent service related disability classifation they are all free.

Amount of copay is normally determined thru what they call a "Means Test" and is determined by income or if by a service related condition ?

Excalibur

Registered
Around 20 years ago I had a bout with Salmonella poisoning. The Dumass clinic I went to misdiagnosed it so I spent a solid 2 weeks with my butt on the throne and my head in a bucket at the same time. I lost 25 pounds in 2 weeks and I highly recommend Salmonella for anyone needing a quick diet for rapid weight reduction. Back to the clinic and the second doctor I saw this time read the lab results which clearly listed Positive for Salmonella. 2 days with the right meds and I was back to normal. More than a few times during this ordeal I wished I had a seat belt on the throne to keep me in place. To this very day I refuse to eat any lettuce grown in Mexico.

Get better soon.

GaryL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts