TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
DWayne. There are many ATV tire threads on the forum; discussing different ATV tires and the problems and some solutions with mounting them. This includes wheels being destroyed when the tire blows up from too much pressure being used to try and seat the bead on a non-ATV tire rim -- to trailer wheel conversions that fit ATV tires and even make them tubeless.

·
Registered
19,215 Posts
Tiny-Wheel-200 cleverly welded up his own rear wheel conversions using a conventional rim suitable for ATV tires. You can get a hint of it looking at first 2 photos.
Thus the "hard" part was only the hub/wheel conversion, mounting the ATV tire on the rim then become quite easy.
As old w/?? mentioned using the SEARCH feature here will bring many related threads for your entertainment and edification. Interesting reading for sure.
....and yes, it is snowing here right now too.

·
Registered
19,215 Posts
You might enjoy how an ATV tire's enhanced traction would extend your Minnesota riding season once the snow flies. I sure like mine in snow less than 6 inches. betty's tire.jpg

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How hard was it to put the ATV tire on the back
So there is about two hours of work goes into doing that rear wheel. Cutting spokes on stock wheel cutting adapter with plasma torch or table and welding that plate to tge hub. You attach the tri z wheel to the plate after its tacked on and then balance it before you do the final weld. Front is all tri z 250

Sent from my LML211BL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had been saving my ditch pounding to snowmobiling but after looking at the atv tire for the TW that gives me another option. Thanks for the pic.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And when you have them front and rear it really improves your riding abilities abd gives you the option of riding on packed snowmachine trails in the winter if you put kold kutter screws into the lugs. God gave you 12 months to ride in. Make sure and use them all!

Sent from my LML211BL using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts