TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I knew alot of us would not be riding much in the winter, so I saved a ride I took with the family last summer to brighten our winter...so far.

Summer riding on my driveway

Yesterday...same part of driveway

So anyway, here are a few photo's of a ride from this past summer

·
Registered
13,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

I meant (Steep) in some parts. Gosh, sometimes I can't spel to gooder

Loaded up and ready to head home

Wish it was spring so I could go out riding again!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
<heh, heh> I gotta ask,

step in bear %^#@ or deer ^&%$ ???

·
Registered
232 Posts
Quick! There's still some rideable dirt!

Great pictures, thanks for sharing. Wish I could get my cattledog (red heeler) to ride on the back of my bike!

Not to highjack your thread but what kind of front tire are you using. I like the looks of the tread.

Nice family, ride safe.

Larry

·
Registered
13,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great pictures Admiral, that sure is a big country you live in!!!

Sly Fox, I feel very fortunate. Heck, and I won't even be able to ride in all the area's of my state!

<heh, heh> I gotta ask,

step in bear %^#@ or deer ^&%$ ???

OK, that's kinda funny. I have been within about 25 yards of Mr. Bear with nothing but a camera. I think Mr. Bear should be the one concerned with stepping into "human" *(&^% stuff after our encounter. I had to go change underwear ha ha. Thankfully, Mr. Bear ran off...and then I ran to the truck!

Quick! There's still some rideable dirt!

You have inspired me to go out and test the "camera mount" again. Will post something soon on that.

Great pictures, thanks for sharing. Wish I could get my cattledog (red heeler) to ride on the back of my bike!

Not to highjack your thread but what kind of front tire are you using. I like the looks of the tread.

Nice family, ride safe.

Larry

And I can't even get near the TW without Georgie wanting to hop on...even in the shop when I'm not gonna ride. She's funny that way.

My tire is a Bridgestone Trailwing 42. It was a replacement for the stock tire when it kept going flat. To be honest I'm not overly joyed with it. I think it does pretty good on pavement, but only adequate off-road, which is what I ride most of the time. On fairly good logging roads its good, get into something a little more messy and the front wants to wash out. Since I know the tire and my own limitations, I take it easy and I do ok.

On veterans day I went on a ride with roadjanitor on some trails. It was fine on most of it, but on the little bit of snow on parts of the trail, sucked, and I fell once going through a long mud puddle. Front just washed out and I wasn't even going that fast.

Because I ride off road so much, I want my next tire to have more traction. I've thought about siping or grooving the tire, like some of the guys have done, but we'll see.

I think qwerty mentioned in a tire post once something about "death wing" instead of trail wing! Something to be said for that.

I would most likely avoid getting it again, that's my take. Happy riding!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Sly Fox, I feel very fortunate. Heck, and I won't even be able to ride in all the area's of my state!

OK, that's kinda funny. I have been within about 25 yards of Mr. Bear with nothing but a camera. I think Mr. Bear should be the one concerned with stepping into "human" *(&^% stuff after our encounter. I had to go change underwear ha ha. Thankfully, Mr. Bear ran off...and then I ran to the truck!

You have inspired me to go out and test the "camera mount" again. Will post something soon on that.

And I can't even get near the TW without Georgie wanting to hop on...even in the shop when I'm not gonna ride. She's funny that way.

My tire is a Bridgestone Trailwing 42. It was a replacement for the stock tire when it kept going flat. To be honest I'm not overly joyed with it. I think it does pretty good on pavement, but only adequate off-road, which is what I ride most of the time. On fairly good logging roads its good, get into something a little more messy and the front wants to wash out. Since I know the tire and my own limitations, I take it easy and I do ok.

On veterans day I went on a ride with roadjanitor on some trails. It was fine on most of it, but on the little bit of snow on parts of the trail, sucked, and I fell once going through a long mud puddle. Front just washed out and I wasn't even going that fast.

Because I ride off road so much, I want my next tire to have more traction. I've thought about siping or grooving the tire, like some of the guys have done, but we'll see.

I think qwerty mentioned in a tire post once something about "death wing" instead of trail wing! Something to be said for that.

I would most likely avoid getting it again, that's my take. Happy riding!

Thanks for the heads up on the tire! Keep posting pictures of your DOG! for us dog lovers out there.

And please warn your children not to ride in flip flops and shorts in case they fall. You've got a lovely looking family

and seem blessed that they all ride with you, take care of them.

Ride safe.

Igofar

·
Registered
54 Posts
Awesome pictures! Thanks for sharing, I love seeing everyone's ride reports from all over the country(and world)! Idaho looks great. Idaho has been on my "move to" states list for quite some time now. Now I'm even more tempted! Anywhere but CA at this point!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Ahh, those were the days, but a distant memory as I look out into the dark, cold (-30 degree F) Arctic night. Thanks for the great pics, I was beginning to wonder where Georgie was until he popped up in one of the later pictures. Neat that he can just jump up on the bike. My pooch loves to ride too, gets excited when ever I start to put the gear on, but she is too small to just get on the TW by herself, however, she can jump onto the lower part of the Vespa w/o any trouble.

·
Registered
7,016 Posts
admiral -- I like your driveway. Mine is two cars wide but just a little over one car long.

novaks44 -- Are you living in Pescadero now? Do you have access to dirt or are you limited to asphalt?

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Great Report Ad. Great pics. You are a lucky man. My Wife rides with me, Harleys, Snowmobiles and now the T-W's. Couldn't pack the Rottie and the Weiner dog couldn't make the jump up! We love ID!

Bag

·
Registered
287 Posts
What the H E double hockey pucks do you mean..."NOW" the TW's??? Did you finally drop the hammer? I live 15 feet from you and this is how I find out?!?!

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
What the H E double hockey pucks do you mean..."NOW" the TW's??? Did you finally drop the hammer? I live 15 feet from you and this is how I find out?!?!

Was gonna surprize ya Sunday with a "Hey, can you come help me drink this whiskey and unload something from the truck" call.....

So plan on helping me unload something from the truck Sun afternoon, ok?

Bag (with a big ***teating grin!)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts