TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After riding the Slickrock and Hell's Revenge trails with the group, my son and I finished the day with an easy relaxing ride of Fins & Things.

Disclaimer: The Winter Doldrum series of videos are much longer than I normally post but it's winter and what else are you gonna do so you might as well think of them as short story movies. Want a quicker fix, speed up the video...you have options. 75% of the video footage has not been seen before.

·
Registered
19,557 Posts
That might make a good introduction to medium sand and rock challenges for first time visitors, nice and close to the hospital.:p

EDIT: Have been enjoying these Doldrum defeating videos. Keep 'em coming!

·
Registered
13,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That might make a good introduction to medium sand and rock challenges for first time visitors, nice and close to the hospital.:p

EDIT: Have been enjoying these Doldrum defeating videos. Keep 'em coming!
If I can't ride I might as well make movies right? haha

They are a lot longer than I normally would edit but these longer ones not only take up our spare time but also give prospective Moab'ers a good look. I should have named them Winter Doldrum Moab Recon Videos.:p

Today we got about 3 inches of new snow on top of a foot or more and then it started raining. What a mess. Yep, gonna keep making movies today I guess.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
This is what retired guys do all day when they can’t ride. That looks like a fun ride. I didn’t dot it with dirtluver. I should have done it without her.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
That looks so nice. We are mud/sand/dirt/marsh/gravel only out east. Nothing like the rock or red rock like out there in your video. At least where I ride.
Who draws or maintains those little white arrow markers on the rocks?

·
Registered
19,557 Posts
Fins & Things is in the Sand Flats Recreation Area jointly administrated by BLM and the County I believe. Likely the minor user fees collected goes towards this and other endless maintenance expenses. The Sand Flats area also hosts several dramatic campgrounds set in the midst of these petrified sand dunes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts