TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
13,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After an overnight blizzard, I decided to take the TW out for a romp in the fresh snow.

I said to myself, "self, stay out of the ruts". I didn't stay out of the ruts. Front wheel wanted to go one direction and the rear, well, it wanted to do it's own thing.

It was about 25F (-4C) degree's out when I left and about 40F (+4C) degree's when I got back home a few hours later.

Don't fight the ruts.

TW200 paw prints

Just like sand and mud, standing is a must in the snow.

Action photo

Fair day for riding it turned out to be.

·
Registered
13,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If this was TW200 Snow Ride Winter Series #2 12 16 17 where is Series #1?

Another great video. Loved the commentary!
You got me thinking I should scramble and skip the numbers when I post the winter series. From 2 skip to 4 and make people go crazy looking for 3. However, it seems like I don't have to do it on purpose. :p #1 is Post #35 "Hey Little Buddy" in the XT200 Files of Other Bikes. http://tw200forum.com/forum/other-bikes/48873-xt200-files-4.html#post762729

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Doesn't count Kris! For 2 reasons: one it is the XT and not the TW and two it say "XT200 Hey Little Buddy 17 Back 40 Winter Season Seris #1"

·
Registered
13,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Doesn't count Kris! For 2 reasons: one it is the XT and not the TW and two it say "XT200 Hey Little Buddy 17 Back 40 Winter Season Seris #1"
So, I won't go down in history as being the best Title Writer Namerer!:p

I was gonna ride the XT to see how it would do on the snow after the TW but I didn't want to go home and switch as the snow was melting. There is still a little left in the shade this morning but pretty much gone. Amazing out quickly 3 feet of snow can melt eh?
Muttley (163x160).jpg

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
We have a few inches left if you want to borrow some, heck, you don't even have to pay me back, you can have it!! :D
So, I won't go down in history as being the best Title Writer Namerer!:p

I was gonna ride the XT to see how it would do on the snow after the TW but I didn't want to go home and switch as the snow was melting. There is still a little left in the shade this morning but pretty much gone. Amazing out quickly 3 feet of snow can melt eh?
View attachment 145289

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Very nice.
Envy the seemingly endless open road.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
That tire gave pretty good traction up some of those hills. Thanks for the video.

·
Registered
463 Posts
....Amazing out quickly 3 feet of snow can melt eh?
View attachment 145289
Great video, thanks for sharing! I was glad to read that a lot of the snow had melted because in Canada when we get 3 feet of snow you better be on a new sled because there is no way a 2 wheeler will be out and about in it as we have to wait for spring to loose that much snow! Happy trails!

·
Registered
13,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great video and pictures. You truly have a beautiful place to ride and explore!

Sno Dawg
Beautiful, well, that's up for debate. Snow does make it look prettier though. However, very fortunate to have a place so close to ride no matter what it looks like. :D

·
Registered
13,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Admiral Your the Man. I enjoyed your video and pictures Merry Christmas and have an adventurous New Year
Thank you and Merry Christmas to you and your family. To enhance the "I'm the man" feeling, I drove the truck to work yesterday. 'Course that's because one of the girls is home from college and needs some wheels so I'm letting her use, my Renegade.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
13,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Very nicer.
Envy the seemingly endless open road.

Very nicer :p. It seems even more endless and open if you're hiking. In the summer the buzzards start to fly overhead making me nervous if I stop too long. :toothy3:

·
Registered
13,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That tire gave pretty good traction up some of those hills. Thanks for the video.
If I had momentum it did ok but if I was poking up the hill I would spin out like I did on the very first hill which is the first in the video. I had some trouble on a few other hills but always made it up. As good as the traction looked, it didn't take much twist of the throttle to lose it. I tried to stay in a higher gear up some of the hills so I wouldn't spin out which kind of chugged the engine. You can hear that a couple times in the video. But I will say the Ceros does have a lot better traction than the stock tire.

As the temperature rose throughout the day and the snow got wetter as it began to melt, the snow got slippier and I had to be even more careful.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
About 2 weekends ago I did some trail riding with 2 Quads. Some short but extreme hills with fresh snow covering clumps of leaves under.
Same tire set-up as you but it wasn't pretty. Had to get off the bike several times to power & push up the hills if I didn't have enough speed going. Certainly learned a lesson of the TW's limitations. Quads were not doing so well either.
But where you are riding... wow, beautiful.

·
Registered
13,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Great video, thanks for sharing! I was glad to read that a lot of the snow had melted because in Canada when we get 3 feet of snow you better be on a new sled because there is no way a 2 wheeler will be out and about in it as we have to wait for spring to loose that much snow! Happy trails!

Yeah, 3 feet may have been a stretch eh? Last year we did have 2-3 feet for a while which made the TW riding come to a halt. Almost!

Last year

·
Registered
13,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
New tire sure lays down some nice tracks in the virgin snow.
Lays, Virgin, haha.:p

The new Duro TW-Brian put on looks interesting with the tread overhaul. Something for me to think about when this tire wears out.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts