TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all.. winter project is about to begin... Any input or thoughts would be highly appreciated

This is what i had in Mind --- 10 / 90 type riding

1 ATV rear --- Duro,, Big horn 2,, or ** EFX Moto https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/1602/42361/EFX-MotoMTC-ATV-Tire

2 Front --- Kenda 110/90/18

3 55 tooth rear Sprocket with a 3 " over Swing arm

4 1100 yamaha rear shock Mod

5 Moto Cross high front fender Mod

6 350 tank Mod / Seat Mod and Recover

7 DG exhaust + re-jet

8 Last But not least,,,, All plastics and tank Hydro Dipped Winter Cammo :rolleyes: {350.oo for the Dip and i will Spray the Mat Clear Myself.. I also Paint}

Any thoughts on the EFX Moto rear tire ???? I am a Fabricator by trade so Swing Arm and Any welding / Fab work is all in house....

I picked up a 2000 with 1120 miles on it for $1000.oo . So thought i would spend a little more time and $ to fix Her Up

·
Super Moderator
18,138 Posts
You are going to have a pretty nice little bike when you are done Mike. Welcome to the forum bro! Keep us updated with pics please of your work! We love that kind of stuff around here.

Reactions: Fred

·
Registered
20,467 Posts
Those all sound like excellent modifications. I do not recall anyone using the EFX tire but it should work. If it's diameter approximates a Duro's then the 55 tooth rear sprocket should bring gearing back closer to stock. If you plan to ride extreme , steep or rough slow speed terrain then perhaps a 13 tooth front sprocket, or a rear 60 tooth might better achieve full potential of your good plan. Expect fuel milage to decrease significantly.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Hi Mike,

Welcome to the forum! Looks like you have done your homework and have a well thought out plan for your bike.

I would second Fred's suggestion about going even larger on the rear sprocket. I am now running a 65 tooth and love it for offroad riding. That EFX Moto tire sure looks gnarly (and pricey!). Be careful and lets us know how it goes on.

What part of the country are you in?

Looking forward to some before, during and after pics of your build,

Brian

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all.. i might kick down 1 tooth to 13 after i get done and ride a bit.. One tooth down on the front is = to 3 up in the rear if i remember right.. That would put me at 58 rear.. All i really need is 50/55 mph on our country asphalt roads to keep up with all the other Riders.. Most of them are 250/ 350.. They have never seen a Tdub so she is going to really impress them for a little 200.. Hit second gear an pull a wheelie a ways always has anyway. Haaaa
If i end up doing the EFX rear it will kinda make a statement... Tote Goat on Steroids :eek: Yo,, Brian i live in the Chelan / Lake Wenatchee area in Washington State.. Just Google { Lake Chelan, Lake Wenatchee } and Check the area out !!!! Peace Out for Now. Mike

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

·
Registered
20,467 Posts
Lake Chelan area has some great riding for your monster build. I rode over Dead Horse Pass once via endless miles of singletrack to arrive at a remote lake where the fish were biting on virtually every cast hitting on a old SuperDooper lure. Steep terrain in the surrounding mtns should be a blast on Your TW. Brian's 65 toother seemed capable of lofting front wheel over roots and rocks when he let me try it. The narrower kenda tire will help keep the front end light to wow your riding buddies with your proposed gearing.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sweet Fred , u have been in the area so u know what i am saying.. The Little , light Tdub is the Ticket for around here... Don't need the Hp of the Bigger Bikes... Its all about Finesse and balance.. Almost to the point of Trials Riding.. Witch i like too,,, but with out a seat,, cant go too far. I sold mine and that's where the Tdub project came about..

·
Registered
20,467 Posts
Sounds like you are building the perfect machine. Please share pics eventually. Could you ferry your bike to Stehekin and ride up the Stehekin River Road or is it private? I just zodiac'ed there once and dreamed of the dirt bike potential up the river valley. Lake Chelan is one unique long fjord-like beautiful place, I envy you.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Fred.. Yes u can Ferry up and ride the Road up... Alot of riding till u hit the Wilderness Boundary.. From there on no motorized Vehicles.... By the Way i just realized i have this Thread in the wrong Place... Can i move it where it belongs ??? Custom ?? If so , how do i do it ......

·
Registered
20,467 Posts
rbm ain't the Super Moderator for nothing! Good job, and as rbm says "Welcome"

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
haaa haaaa, Newwwbeeee to your Site. Like i said im into alot of things so hope to learn alot here as well as Help out if i can ..

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
You may want to level out your bike with longer front fork tubes. Older 1985ish YZ 80 fork tubes are a simple swap. With that taller rear tire, longer shock, and swingarm, you may feel like your front will be way to low. Not sure how much longer that shock is, if any. Just something to think about maybe.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts