TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up hea in NH'a. sorry that was bad. any way, I'm using one of those Quonset garage's hoop and cover to store the bike this winter. Pug exhaust so no critters make a home, run the carb dry? full tank of fuel (with some form of gas treatment) to cut down on condensation? Start it every couple weeks? just trying to cut down work in the spring...

Any Ideas are Very welcome!

Thanks!

Boz

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Up hea in NH'a. sorry that was bad. any way, I'm using one of those Quonset garage's hoop and cover to store the bike this winter. Pug exhaust so no critters make a home, run the carb dry? full tank of fuel (with some form of gas treatment) to cut down on condensation? Start it every couple weeks? just trying to cut down work in the spring...

Any Ideas are Very welcome!

Thanks!

Boz

All of the above with the exception of starting it every couple of weeks. If you can't run it hard and long enough to get everything up to operating temp, all you are doing is putting additional moisture into the engine. Better to squirt a teaspoon or two of 30 wt. oil into the spark plug hole, turn it over once, put the plug back in, and leave it until spring.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Some snap type mouse traps. The TW's are great mouse habitat......unless you have the more appealing sno-mobile mouse habitat to lure them away.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i love the idea of having access to my tdub all winter but here in wisconsin it doesnt pay but thats why we have snowmobiles i have 3x and space is to limited to keep a bike out for the few days i could ride doesnt make sense. i wish i could take fingwing and mr gizmo for a snowmobile ride here in wisconsin and show them a white wisconsin winter wonder land let me know if you guys r up for that . ill provide the sleds.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
All of the above with the exception of starting it every couple of weeks. If you can't run it hard and long enough to get everything up to operating temp, all you are doing is putting additional moisture into the engine. Better to squirt a teaspoon or two of 30 wt. oil into the spark plug hole, turn it over once, put the plug back in, and leave it until spring.

Don't forget the battery tender or to charge it up once a month or so.

^^^what they said...i like seafoam gas treatment...make sure to pull the battery and put it on a tender somewhere somewhat warm (i.e. don't charge it or leave it outside)...and put it on a stand or milk crate to avoid flat spots in the tires...or just roll it a few inches every once in a while depending what type of surface the tires are sitting on

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
So, I believe there is a difference between Storage Winterizing and Riding Winterizing

1 - 10 of 10 Posts