TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,707 Posts
Where's the other end go?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it looks like its coming from the front of the harness, its super short though the only place i could imagine it could ground to would be the top motor mount just wanted to see if anyone know what it was and if that was the correct location to ground it too or if its something else.
Hand Tire Automotive tire Bicycle tire Tread

·
Super Moderator
20,707 Posts
it looks like its coming from the front of the harness, its super short though the only place i could imagine it could ground to would be the top motor mount just wanted to see if anyone know what it was and if that was the correct location to ground it too or if its something else. View attachment 221733
It very well could be the motor mount. Take a look at these various wiring diagram links found in this thread. Some might not work. The wire will be shown somewhere here. You know the color of the wire so look for black wires in the diagram and where they go.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: albie.damned

·
Registered
362 Posts
Most likely that is a ground wire for your coil. There a 2 bolts that attach the coil to the frame. It goes on one of those. It provides a reliable ground for the coil. you might wire brush it when you reinstall it to ensure a good connection....

·
Registered
2021 TW
400 Posts
If you go to the "search community" box at the top of the page and put in colored wiring diagram, then pull that up.
It shows that black wire with the ring connector, comes from the main switch and from the run side of the engine stop switch.
It may have been under one of the coil mounting bolts.It looks like the only thing close. Im just guessing from the wiring map.
Does the run/stop switch on the bars work? Do the others? Like the side stand, neutral and clutch switches?
My other guess is maybe someone disabled them or one quit working,they may be by-passed and they left that wire hanging.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
went through the electrical bike starts fine think the cdi is going bad is the only thing as far as running problems the other electrical gremlins brake lights not working and turn signals won't flash is all.

·
Super Moderator
20,707 Posts
went through the electrical bike starts fine think the cdi is going bad is the only thing as far as running problems the other electrical gremlins brake lights not working and turn signals won't flash is all.
What makes you think the CDI is going bad? Does the headlight work? If it brightens as you rev it, the CDI is probably good.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
motor was running bad no matter how i set the carb or anything read somewhere people have problems with that and they put pressure on the cdi and it would work and if that was the cure for that could mean the cdi is going bad. so i tried it and motor runs tits but only if you put pressure on the cdi so for the moment i have it clamped and it runs perfect otherwise without it she just bogs and you can turn the carb for anything and it start getting rpm surges.

·
Super Moderator
20,707 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,170 Posts
Crap, I see I misread the title thread. I thought it said, "what underwear do you wear while driving a tank"! Oops! I was gonna say "what underwear" but that would be TMI from my tanker driving days...all 5!
Back to "wire under the tank". :)

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
I thought it was (wife under tank). I thought she might me changing the oil.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts