TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a bike a few years ago with a absolutely spaghetti mess of wires. I decided I want to just delete EVERYTHING but the headlight and run it as a basic dirtbike. What is the simplest way to wire the bike up with only the bare minimum.. I purchased a used harness to make it a little more simple but electrical is beyond my expertise.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I was in your shoes with a 1980 KZ550... biggest thing is verify your VIN and find out exactly what year/model you have, get the correlating wiring diagrams, and dive in face first. Start going online and searching symbols, learn how to identify which cables are ground.

I have a friend who is an electro-mechanical savant, I am not, but I've found with electrical stuff, just beat your face against the workbench long enough, something will end up clicking.

When you get to sections that pose difficulty, then hit the forums and see if anyone else has wired up or worked on that section.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts