TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came across a second bike to use for purely of road and custom project development is what I am thinking. Keep mine 16 for more of a 90/10, 90% road tour/ 10% mild trail ride. I this 1987 for just the opposite 10/90, sounds perfect. It can be my dual sprocket of road and street loan to a buddy bike. keep you fingers crossed for me and if it works out, details tomorrow night. Same old deal, title and registrations concerns to be figured out or not at the DMV in the morning before I can pull the trigger. I need it street legal.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It is much less expensive than the 2016 of last weekend :) I will spill the beans on the deal if it works out, more to come i hope. First attempt at attaching pic direct from puter ???

1987 tw.JPG

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I decided to pass on it and looking for an 2001 up for a second bike and the projects I have in mind. The rode tires were appealing to put on my 2016 and the spare set of wheels and tires seemed to make it a pretty fair deal. He has a Vermont registration and I did verify with my In. BMV that it was sufficient for me to get a title and register it back into Indiana. Seemed like a good fella but I just decided that there might be a time I would wish i had bought an 01 and up instead so I will keep watching.

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I guess kickstarters aren't of much value to you....if I could do it again I'd trade my brand new 2015 to save some money and get a kickstarter. But I do love my bike despite it's flaws.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess kickstarters aren't of much value to you....if I could do it again I'd trade my brand new 2015 to save some money and get a kickstarter. But I do love my bike despite it's flaws.
They are so easy to add if desired that it is not a significant consideration other than monetary value in the deal. In the end I just liked the nearly 100% interchangeability between the two if having two bikes was something I desired.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Matching parts makes sense....but I can't say the kickstart mod is cheap or the parts easy to find. I've read both stickied threads on them and if they're not expensive/limited to a few dealers, then the fitting of various parts sounds questionable and unproven.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Matching parts makes sense....but I can't say the kickstart mod is cheap or the parts easy to find. I've read both stickied threads on them and if they're not expensive/limited to a few dealers, then the fitting of various parts sounds questionable and unproven.
I guess cheap is a relative for sure, fair enough on that but there is a guy on ebay who is selling 3 complete setups currently, mostly all new parts so I was just assuming they are readily available.

·
Registered
200 Posts
You can find all of the kick starter parts on boat.net and many other TW parts. Kick starters are out there or can be found fairly easily. No need really as these are so light and easy to push start but a kicker is always nice to have especially if your in the woods or down in some mud hole. Welcome Doug! Jesse

·
Registered
8 Posts
It is much less expensive than the 2016 of last weekend :) I will spill the beans on the deal if it works out, more to come i hope. First attempt at attaching pic direct from puter ???

View attachment 154225
Doug..It's John Mitchell from down in Cecilia Ky..You'd bought a Cub Cadet and International snow thrower off of me a couple of years ago..

I ended up buying that 87 TW200 off Craigslist on Saturday from the young man who was selling it. I have a like new fuel tank coming for it and have ordered a Moose carb rebuild kit. I had a 93 TW and regretted selling is as soon as the guy had it loaded. I had no idea you were looking at the same machine..I called him early Saturday and the rest is history.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I had sent him a note to grab it after he lowered the price Saturday morning but by the time I rounded up the cash from 3 bank cards he said someone from E-town was coming after it and I lost out. Glad someone I know and like got it !!! I really just wanted it to do all the mods and experiments on before transferring to my newer bike and to use as a loaner, the extra wheels were intriguing since I am wanting to make my own atv rear wheel and hub mod. Maybe we can get together some time. Enjoyed the time talking with you that day. Still got the cub and blower, haven't done anything with it but still want to some time.

As I have gotten older and I like minimalist type of things, the TW200 is a perfect fit, and seems just my speed.

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Doug..If you are interested in the two new wheels and Bridgestone Trail Wing tire set up offa that TW200...I'm open to parting with them. Text me if you still have my cell, or PM me here and I'll send you my cell # again. I will be very fair as I'm planning on using the knobby set up.

Regards
John

1 - 14 of 14 Posts