TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I met this fine young man at my sons graduation day from Airborne school at fort Benning. I watched both of them make there graduation jump, he was my sons partner all thru his one unit station training last name Taylor and Wakefield so he was paired up with him.

Spc Mathew D. Taylor Memorial Page:angel7:

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Salute and RIP

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
And my Dad and his pilot in Vietnam.

Reactions: sp_cache and B-dub

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My Dad on the right 5"7 Capt. Carter over 6 feet that is the reason I have a 29 in inseam.

Reactions: Hoot Gibson

·
Registered
20,479 Posts
The Memorial page seemed very well done.

Reactions: ZDR1

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Most either don't know or forget what this day is all about. Those who paid the ultimate price are honored in my family and it is anything but a Holiday or extra day off from work. I fly my flag with honor and salute all those who died fighting for it and our freedoms. My own father is 88 right now and still suffering from wounds he got in 1944.

RIP!

GaryL

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Hope you can spend some time with your dad today Gary.

Most either don't know or forget what this day is all about. Those who paid the ultimate price are honored in my family and it is anything but a Holiday or extra day off from work. I fly my flag with honor and salute all those who died fighting for it and our freedoms. My own father is 88 right now and still suffering from wounds he got in 1944.

RIP!

GaryL

·
Registered
814 Posts
Today I'll be thinking of the marines that lived in the barracks next to mine prior to giving all in Iran.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Today I sent flowers and chocolate covered cherries to all the people in my family who served and are still alive. The oldest is my uncle at 89, the youngest is my cousins granddaughter, at 17. Even my brother I haven't had the stomach to speak to in 20 years. This is the first period of time in my life I've not had a relative in harm's way in a combat or security zone. Everyone is in the U. S. of A.

Reactions: sp_cache
1 - 10 of 10 Posts