TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find expeditions anywhere, has anyone tried the Rolie's from wolfman? I have the Tinmans side racks all ready mounted.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the heads up! I think for $200 price difference I'll have to wait. I want them but not that bad.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, finally found a set of black ones for $259. Found a few sets of yellow, but I was looking for black. Thanks for taking the time to helpTroll!

·
Registered
445 Posts
I would highly investing in these bags. I got the cheap Nelson-Riggs brand and the buckles did not hold up at all. End up using Rok straps to keep them on the bike. Wolfman sponsored a tank bag for me on this trip...I'm hoping that they will sponsor the panniers as well. Keeping my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I would highly investing in these bags. I got the cheap Nelson-Riggs brand and the buckles did not hold up at all. End up using Rok straps to keep them on the bike. Wolfman sponsored a tank bag for me on this trip...I'm hoping that they will sponsor the panniers as well. Keeping my fingers crossed.
I would recommend the Wolfman Expedition Dry bags to anyone, although I did have a buckle failure with mine in the first year. Not the buckles that hold the bags to the bike though (metal on the Wolfman Expedition Dry bags), just the center strap buckle. I might have been able to make some kind of warranty claim, but it was easier to just replace the whole buckle with one from the craft store for $1.29.

Good luck on the sponsorship, they would be fools to pass on the opportunity!

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I guess that says something for the quality of nelson-rigg? I was thinking about getting a couple of the compression bags them make because the price is great vs the alps or sea to summit ones i was looking at.

Gina,
Hopefully wolfman comes thru and sponsors a set for you but if they don't let me know and i will sponsor you a set and get them out to you.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Gina,
Hopefully wolfman comes thru and sponsors a set for you but if they don't let me know and i will sponsor you a set and get them out to you.
Another awesome gesture of generosity... some members on this forum are pretty darned incredible.

·
Registered
807 Posts
No doubt the wolfmans are good, I just cant justify that they are 250% the cost of nelson riggs. The complaints Ive read of them are the straps. I plan on strapping them down with my own straps as well as the ones that come with them so that should not be an issue.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I think in Gina's case she certainly has justified the extra cost. Being that she is what a month into her trip and the saddle bags are failing?? Not good.... Equipment failures on a trip like that( or any trip in my mind) can put a real monkey wrench in the whole works. She has to be able to depend on her equipment to be there and do its job day in and day out. The Wolfman's have proven themselves dependable by lots of folks here and on ADV, I know Rhodetrip and his wife have done a lot of trips with theirs all over the place and have put them to the test.

Seems to me like a "get what you pay for" type of thing.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Another saying that erks me "you get what you pay for". As I said, wolfmans are great bags but they are 250% the cost of nelson riggs. To break even they need to be 2.5 times as good, I dont think they are. Ive not heard of any complaints of the actual bag itself, its the straps and buckles. Being a frugal person :) I will use my own straps to augment those that are on the bag. Im fairly confident doing that they will be fine.

Now if you use the nelson riggs as is and head out in the wilderness and the straps fail and you have no other way to secure them...............yeah, money wasted (and your not a good planer :) ). But I know their weakness and will do something about it. So for less than the cost of one set of wolfmans I can outfit BOTH my TWs with nelson riggs.

Please dont take this as a slam to any product or person..........this is just what IM doing :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts