TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live in Arizona and do not need it to smog, so is it possible to remove, as it is an eye sore!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Take the hose from under the tank and route it to the side of the carb.

Congratulations. Your bike will run exactly the same, but your garage will stink..

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Many people buy cans to cover it. Any drink you can think of. Sodas, beers, energy drinks, whatever is your favorite they probably have. Or you can just take it off, but if I had it I would use a dr. pepper or redbull can.

*edited

·
Registered
918 Posts
Many people buy covers for it. They have almost every drink you can think of. Sodas, beers, energy drinks, whatever is your favorite they probably have. Or you can just take it off, but if I had it I would find a dr. pepper or redbull can.

Or make it look like a small NOS bottle lol

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Many people buy covers for it. They have almost every drink you can think of. Sodas, beers, energy drinks, whatever is your favorite they probably have. Or you can just take it off, but if I had it I would find a dr. pepper or redbull can.
Buy covers for it? as in using an old soda or beer can?

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
For those of you who aren't simply suffering from lack of dietary fiber or just wanna "stick it to the man" there is no FUNCTIONAL reason to ditch the can. It weighs exactly one pound, causes no service problems, nor does it affect performance. It's just another way to vent the tank. Period. It also keeps gas fumes from filling your garage and if you lay a Cali bike down it won't leak gas, nor will the tank swamp in a water crossing getoff.

If you don't like its looks you can remove it while retaining the Cali tank and cap by reconnecting the line as I described above.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I agree with LizardBreath. Why shit in your own sandbox? Even if you don't care about the air quality in your state, or city, you might think about what your kid's father or mother are breathing. Have a good ride. Tom

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Buy covers for it? as in using an old soda or beer can?
Lol. Yeah thats what I meant. Shouldn't write after going out drinking... just cut a hole in the bottom of the can and pour contents into a cup to drink. Slide it over the canister and your done. You may need a littl foam depending on the cans diameter. It gives your bike even more personality.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts