TW200 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out that windchill! Gotta love Minnesota. Oh well, the bike is scattered across the floor getting modded up right now anywho.

image.jpg

·
Registered
385 Posts
Yep. Nice and frosty in Minnesota tonight.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Looks like you got an Indian summer coming on Friday though.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Build report on its way soon?!?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Ever heard of the 30-30-30 rule ? At 30 below with wind speed of 30mph, exposed skin will freeze solid in 30 seconds......so hang in there 50short !

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Man, All this Global Warming garbage is really showing us the flawed science! We have huge ice breaker ships in Antarctica frozen and stuck and even the rescue ice breakers are getting stuck as well. The first ship was there researching the effects of Global Warming!:( How is that working out for them now?

We are going into minus zero temps here in NY too and I am already over half way through my heating coal supply but not even close to half way through the season yet. I did hear one thing I found rather positive though. Al Gores book on Global Warming is on sale for a dollar because they can't give the pack of lies away!

Stay warm!

GaryL

·
Registered
312 Posts
Man, All this Global Warming garbage is really showing us the flawed science! We have huge ice breaker ships in Antarctica frozen and stuck and even the rescue ice breakers are getting stuck as well. The first ship was there researching the effects of Global Warming!:( How is that working out for them now?

We are going into minus zero temps here in NY too and I am already over half way through my heating coal supply but not even close to half way through the season yet. I did hear one thing I found rather positive though. Al Gores book on Global Warming is on sale for a dollar because they can't give the pack of lies away!

Stay warm!

GaryL
Well said GaryL:)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Stay warm!

GaryL
A number of years ago...probably around January 2004...the temp here in MN dipped down to around -10F. My wife and I were watching TV when a knock came at the front door. When I opened it up to see what crazy person was running around on such an inhospitable night, I was greeted by a cute little college-aged redhead wearing a Sierra Club windbreaker (yep, a windbreaker). She started going on and on about global warming and asking for money. My only response before shutting the door..."Can you define the word Irony?" I was met with a blank stare....

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey 50Short, don't even tell how to read that chart, let alone understand it!! I had to take my jacket off to unload an excavator off of the lowbed at 10: AM this morning.
Mel
I had to chisel ice off of the INSIDE deadbolt latch in order to unlock it this morning. That's it...I'm mving to San Luis Obispo!

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
This morning it was -14 here around Indianapolis with -41 wind chill. 24mph winds and about 9-13" of snow depending on where your at on top of the 4-5" we got 3 days ago. Its heating up though -10 at the moment. Hasnt been this cold here for probably 10+years

·
Registered
40 Posts
8 deg. Here in Nashville and looked up roundtrip tics to Maui next month $707. I left my 94 KLR 250 and need get it back on the Mainland. I will never leave another bike again. Aloha

·
Registered
736 Posts
that's pretty bad weather for TN but it will prob back up near 50 in a few days. my driveway up here is like one sheet of ice...lol

·
Registered
385 Posts
that's pretty bad weather for TN but it will prob back up near 50 in a few days. my driveway up here is like one sheet of ice...lol
With this weather, it's more like bullet proof ice.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts