TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks, hoping somebody can help me out. Looking at a 2001 wt200 a Yong man has for sale. Battery was down so rather than push it off or charge it he tried to jump it wth his truck. Now no lights, no nothing. I haven't finalized the deal with him unless I have a good idea just what he let the smoke out of. Bikes cheap enough at $500 and completely intact, other than needing a seat cover and some corrective work on the rattle can paint job. Any input is greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
1,904 Posts
Already thought of the sudden price drop. Lol.. hate to do that to a 16 year old kid though. Thanks folks.
Even at 500.00 bucks, you could still part it out for more than that if you wanted to. Where are you located?

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
hi, fuses don't really care which way voltage flows, but there are other components that do. just don't be surprised if the fuse isn't blown but for $500 you could put some parts into it and still be ahead

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Many bikes, if you jump them with a car battery, can have their electronics fried if the car is running at the time. The excess current put out by the car's alternator may fry the bike's electronics, so it is always better to jump a bike from a NON-RUNNING car.

So, "Tell him that you are afraid that he fried the freebazoid which is really expensive to replace" may not be too far from the truth.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts