TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a tough year arguing with IRS over 2013 taxes. Wrote a check for more than I thought I should. Got picked for a fu..., uh audit. Lucky me. IRS said I owed $17k more. Nope, getting back $273. :D I have to give PayPal credit for their immaculate recordkeeping.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Had a tough year arguing with IRS over 2013 taxes. Wrote a check for more than I thought I should. Got picked for a fu..., uh audit. Lucky me. IRS said I owed $17k more. Nope, getting back $273. :D I have to give PayPal credit for their immaculate recordkeeping.
did you have to hire a laywer? or did Irs determine that that? just curious because i have recently started selling on ebay and paypal was a concern of mine.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hired a former IRS a lawyer who put himself through law school working for the IRS as an auditor. Don't play with the government or you will get screwed. Any government employee has the power to call down government authority, and the only three actions the government can actually take are confiscation, incarceration, and elimination, and that's what they do. It is way expensive to be innocent these days. Over the last two years I've forked over $23,000+ to attorneys to deal with government oppression. These are the costs to rectify a simple "computer error" on a tax form, entry by an incompetent IRS employee. This is not unusual today. I am suing to recovery the cost of defense against government incompetence.

If you are a government employee, I'm guessing you haven't a clue the destruction you wrought on citizens through the procedures you are taught to engage in. Choosing to remain ignorant is not an option when We The People rise up. Educate yourselves--you have the duty to refuse an unlawful order.

·
Registered
19,210 Posts
"The government that governs least governs best" - This is a good but often ignored message. Lots of qwerty's tax dollars are needed to pay for a lot of foolishness and waste.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Saw this recently and thought it was cute." A fine is a tax for doing wrong- a tax is a fine for doing right"-Glenn

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually, I didn't pay that much in 2013 due to huge medical and funeral deductions the IRS was trying to disallow.

Anywho, you're sort of right about the government, Fred. A constitutional government would be best as the national level would only provide that which would be difficult or impossible for individual states to do for themselves. For instance the nature of individuals each seeking to improve his own lot darn near cost the Patriots the war. A single united military would have been much more effective had the pissy individuals simply been shot at the outset. This lesson was eventually learned, the pissy leaders and their bands sent packing, and an army of units from United States won at Yorktown.

Anywho, I don't think the purpose of government is to govern. The only legitimate purpose of government that I can figure is the responsibility to protect the unalienable rights of individuals. Period. Therefore, the government that does not govern governs best.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts