TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 2 weeks waiting for the vendor to send the right darn sprocket, Tdub rides again!!! (I was having withdrawals.)

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Q, next time let me know, I have a couple spares sitting around, I'd have happily shipped you one as a 'get by' part. Had shoulder surgery this summer and had to go 30 days with no ride . . . just thinking about it makes the back of my neck itch . . . .

Bag

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was waiting for a 52T. First fender from which I ordered finally admitted he couldn't get one after stringing me along for 3 weeks. Second vendor sent a 50T instead of a 52T, and I didn't check until ready to install. He would not ship the replacement until he received the return, then waited 2 days according to tracking to ship the replacement, which is what took so long. I have 50T, 51T, 54T, 55T, and 60T on the shelf, but I have not been satisfied with any of those with the commuting I'm doing these days. I'll use them on future TW projects when I get back to riding for fun. Anywho, Tdub's good for another 25,000 miles, which will be 15 years worth of riding with my current sucky lifestyle.

EDIT: I wouldn't run an aluminum sprocket on anything other than a competition bike--they wear too fast.

·
Registered
58 Posts
EDIT: I wouldn't run an aluminum sprocket on anything other than a competition bike--they wear too fast.

Have you had the chance to test one of the two-piece aluminum/steel sprockets where the inner part is aluminum and the outer ring (about 1") including the teeth is steel?

I haven't had any issues in the sportbike world, nor have I heard of anyone who have had them separate. Riding on trails is a lot different though. I can't see there being much of a benefit for the TW as the rear tire's rolling mass/unsprung weight is so heavy as is, the sprocket wouldn't make much of a difference. I'm still curious though.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Congrats on getting it back together!

I waited forever and a few days before I could ride mine again, and it sucked. Have ridden it every day since then though, through rain and 50*F temps.

Nothing beats the TW200 on the fun per mile scale

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Glad your back in business Q. I recently put a 52 on mine and am pretty satisfied with it. (coming from the standard 50)

Bag

1 - 13 of 13 Posts