TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Its me again. Back with another BS challenge.
So has anyone had any problems with the gear #'s next to their foot shifter wearing out? If so what did you do? Cant seem to find any part #'s for it (like if its a sticker). I am sure at this point you know why I am asking. Thanks guys

EDIT- Okay, figure I would let you know about this before anyone new has to dig thru this thread.
Just rip the sticker off. The sticker isn't under any OEM part #. So you cant replace them. So scrape them off if the #'s start coming off.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
My left big toe is going blind and can't see it anymore, so I don't worry about it, the rest of the foot seems to know where to shift though....

Once you know you have a "one down, four up" pattern, why would you care about a little sticker? :confused2:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would be happy to supply you with a sticker for $10.00. (1-N-2-3-4-5)

If you are interested, I could even upgrade your bike to a 6-speed at no extra charge! (1-N-2-3-4-5-6);)
Does anyone else get that strange problem when they ask a question and get an answer...that the answer is usually on a 5th grade level? No? Must just be me and me legit questions.

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
Does anyone else get that strange problem when they ask a question and get an answer...that the answer is usually on a 5th grade level? No? Must just be me and me legit questions.
Sorry Bluefox, please accept my sincere apology if I offended you.

Sometimes my attempts at humor are not very successful.

Brian

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Ask away, we're just messing with you bro. Your questions and anyone elses will be answered the best we can, honestly.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I looked at the parts diagrams on bike bandit to see if it was available. Doesn't look like it. I tried to remove mine off of my cover, couldn't get it off. If it had come off easily I would have mailed you mine. If you want a permanent solution you could use numerical and alphabetical metal punches.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I had never even noticed it before. Had to go over to my bike and it is still there. Does appear to be a sticker. The one on my spare engine is looking a little rough. Are you looking for one?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had never even noticed it before. Had to go over to my bike and it is still there. Does appear to be a sticker. The one on my spare engine is looking a little rough. Are you looking for one?
just kind of looking into general ideas or simple solutions that may of missed. Yeah I searched partzilla and bike bandit myself under everything and found zilch. Might end up printing a label out and clear coating that bad boy on there. If anyone has been noticed all of my question knows they are based off of inspection issues I ran into around 07. Thou, I wise man once told me "If its on there, it needs to be good. If its not, who the hell is going to know."

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
the one on my bike is partially covered with dirt and I would say if yours is missing that I would be surprised if someone actually noticed........

·
Registered
765 Posts
Sharpie Marker? Glitter pen?

Reactions: TW-Brian

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
inspections? bizarre by me, but if mine will peel off i'll send it to you.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Needless to say they noticed and I was surprised.
That's crazy, did they fail the safety inspection because of it?

It honestly sounds like the inspector has a bug up his a$$ I'd find another inspection shop. What would they do in the case of a bike that never had a sticker like that originally like say my Ducati?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
No one even see's that sticker until their first oil change. This inspector is way too fussy.

·
Registered
20,477 Posts
BLUEFOX, I have nothing to add that is not bad 5th grade humor other than profound sympathy for your registration inspection difficulties in Pennsylvania. As a non-resident I (we?) cannot accurately advise you on achieving compliance, thus the attempts to inject a little humor in what must be a very frustrating ordeal for you. Good Luck. Keep asking questions, we like the challenge.
P.S. I hereby refrain from commenting on how often I step off bike at speed to inspect sticker to see what gear I am in.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I already had Pennsylvania on my list of states to not live in.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts