TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed this windshield today:

It didn't take long but man, what a piece of junk. It flopped around while riding and provided little to no wind deflection. Just thought I would put my experience out there and prevent others the headache. On a positive note, ordered from Amazon and can return it ASAP. Also installed the new foot pegs and brake light modulator.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Strange...I had the exact same one on my DR650 and it was wonderful.
These need to be installed almost vertically and there MUST be a gap at the bottom, or it's like a sheet of plywood.

Pity it was no good for you.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I say give it another go and find the formula to make it act right. It is dirt cheap and not too bad looking and I want for it to work.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
I have one like it on my TW. Believe it is from National Cycle.
Never had any issues with it. It is safety wired on, however.
It has stayed on through repeated unexpected falls and the occasional tumbly-crash in sand and woodland conditions.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Strange...I had the exact same one on my DR650 and it was wonderful.
These need to be installed almost vertically and there MUST be a gap at the bottom, or it's like a sheet of plywood.

Pity it was no good for you.
Yeah, Tried it several different ways trying to make it work. The problem was in where the connectors went through the windshield. Even as tight as I could make them, the windshield could still move some. At the end of the day my sons and I thought it looked pretty silly as it was just too small. Additionally, besides being loosely fitting, because of it's size, it did not stop that much wind. I'll keep looking into some of the other ones mentioned on this forum.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I have tried 2 types of windshields like you have. No matter the angle or position they would not work. Wind sound at my ears sounded like flags fluttering. I read a lot about this. Turns out that wind coming up by the gas tank causes so many problems. The OEMs have come up with what I call wings by the forks and tank to cut down on turbulence. I just stick with the jimbo for now.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thanks for the responses! Just did a quick search and yes, the Jimbo shield seems much better and it fits the bike versus some bolt on contraption that doesn't look right.

Sent a mail to Jim at [email protected]. Hope the process goes as smoothly as it seems.

Thanks again to all.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
It helps a little but mostly looks good.

Reactions: grewen

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Like the flag! Don't see that enough. Thanks for posting the pic!

Reactions: Darth

·
Registered
20 Posts
Bummer, Ive been wanting one of those for mine for in the winter when its crappy out, I dont see why it wouldnt work

·
Registered
596 Posts
Bummer, Ive been wanting one of those for mine for in the winter when its crappy out, I dont see why it wouldnt work
You may have better luck than me. I sit really tall on a bike. The windshield just doesn't go high enough to block anything off me. I just get turbulence right at my ears. I've seen some on here that look good and they say work great. Might work for shorter folks.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You may have better luck than me. I sit really tall on a bike. The windshield just doesn't go high enough to block anything off me. I just get turbulence right at my ears. I've seen some on here that look good and they say work great. Might work for shorter folks.
I am only 5' 8" and this windshield did nothing for me as far as wind goes. I don't think the Jimbo will do much more but at least it looks like it belongs on the bike versus something found on a rickshaw.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No, the jimbo one is for looks, its nothing more than that.
That's what I was thinking but thanks for the confirmation. I sent him an email days ago but have not had any contact as of yet. Does anyone know if he's still making them or perhaps if he's out of town?

Reactions: littletommy

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
I think I can reach him, I'll get back to you bro...

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
He just got back to me, I think he has sent you a message on that. You'll love one, they look so cool. (y)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts