TW200 Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hi Getsum!
Jimbo C. here.
I searched Hi and low for your email. even in the spam folder. Can you send a new email note so I can send you a price sheet and ordering info?
My phone # will be included in the email so we can talk about what to expect with this Café style shield.
Thank You & Ride Well!
Jimbo C.
[email protected]

·
Registered
232 Posts
I acquired a "SPITFIRE Windshield years ago. Sorry to hear it did not work for you. Here is some info on what the Trailwaycafe Sport Shield is designed to do.

The Café Shield is designed to take the wind load off your CHEST, this eases the pulling stresses on your HANDS and ARMs, and significantly reduces the wind pressure and buffeting the body takes at speeds above 40mph the shield does this remarkably well.
It will give you something to duck behind when bees are crossing the road etc., but it DOES let the wind hit your face/helmet when sitting upright in a normal posture..(Depending on you torso height)
It is not a typical full size windshield and here is why.

I experimented designing the shields higher (Taller), but I noticed a serious and most annoying side to side oscillating wind induced torque on my helmet that made things much worse than no shield at all. This effect has a name, and is well understood; something called “Kelvin-Helmholtz instability” also referred to as “Galloping” and "Von Karman Street Vortex"
(Google it or YouTube it to understand). Here are few links.

I additionally discovered that when riding with a taller shield off-road and attempted a medium size hill climb that the long shield chopped me in the face.
The bigger the shield on a lightweight bike like the TW the more unstable it can get in gusty conditions, (additionally) someone else already makes an acceptable BIGGER shield called a "Spitfire" However I found after purchasing the Spitfire that it has the unfortunate Galloping effect, and it wasn't the look and function I wanted for my TWs so I struck a compromise
(1) Appropriate size for a light weight bike for a myriad of riding
Conditions including off-road.(The shield rises about 6 inches over the cowl)
(2) Considered the load and stresses on the headlight-cowl mount hardware and tried not to exceed the potential limits of the fasteners and brackets that are already there.
(3) The look had to fit into the great look already there (the TW look) I wanted it to be as if the bike came with this Café Shield from the factory.
(4) Easy to install and truly functional.
I hope this gives some clarity.
Ride Well my Friends!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hi Getsum!
Jimbo C. here.
I searched Hi and low for your email. even in the spam folder. Can you send a new email note so I can send you a price sheet and ordering info?
My phone # will be included in the email so we can talk about what to expect with this Café style shield.
Thank You & Ride Well!
Jimbo C.
[email protected]
Hi Jimbo,

I sent you an email few minutes ago as well. Thank you! :)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Just ordered! Looking forward to this install. Thanks again Jimbo! (y)

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I was thinking of mounting my phone behind it so I can watch movies as I ride...What could go wrong?

He got a hold of me via the site, hopefully he received my message. Thank you for intervening!

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
This message is for Jimbo or anyone who can get in touch with him. I've sent a PM and e-mail but no response; still trying to order the wind screen. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Patience brother...
When you are retired, it can take a few days to drag off the couch and go out to the garage...:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Greetings fellow TW riders!!!
RE: ordering a shield for you Mighty TW.
I have to limit my exposure to the time bandit that is technology (meaning this PC). so I apologize for not responding here. I try to respond as promptly as possible to (( emails )) with a price list, color options, and payment instructions etc.
I'm just letting my friends here know. I don't log on to often because I lose track of time and get nothing done.
(Ha ha!!, I know no-one else has this problem!), so, if you do not receive a response from me here ,this doesn't mean I'm ignoring you. I am alone here running this biz, and trying to keep up with prepping for the coming shenanigan's our government is attempting. I rarely respond to "PMs" nor take orders from any source except through email. It's to complicated to be fielding transactions through multiple sources and I'm prone to making mistakes unless I funnel correspondence through that path.( I apologize for this inconvenience but it keeps the shipping errors and stress levels much lower this way.)
If you want a price list, more info, etc.. or just want to talk personally, (Warning, I can talk your ear off!) I will send you my cell # through the email info packet. email me at [email protected]

Warmest Regards & Ride Well!
Jimbo C.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Just a note: Talked to JImbo tonight for just a "few moments". Talk about a great guy and a true love for the Lord. Had about as a good of a conversation with a total stranger than I ever have. Thank You littletommy for your hook-up and Thank You Jimbo for the conversation and windshield. Be in touch soon! Never knew it took so long to get off the couch but glad that you did! :p

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
God is good all the time...

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Just a note: Talked to JImbo tonight for just a "few moments". Talk about a great guy and a true love for the Lord. Had about as a good of a conversation with a total stranger than I ever have. Thank You littletommy for your hook-up and Thank You Jimbo for the conversation and windshield. Be in touch soon! Never knew it took so long to get off the couch but glad that you did! :p
Jim is a super good dude and friend... Glad you reached him.

Reactions: Getsum

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I think the one I had was defective, it would not tighten up where the bars attached to the windshield. Even though the feed-throughs were tight it could still move (the rubber washers were installed). Either way, bought through Amazon who has a great return policy and I have already ordered Jimbo's shield.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Do you guys know if he’s still making these? I emailed him (per the instructions) several weeks ago but haven’t heard back.
Brother, I may be able to reach him if you'd like me to try for you.

Reactions: Purple

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Yes he has plenty of windshields, I just talked to him. He's going to be away for the day but he will check his emails tomorrow. He suggested resending it to him and if you need his personal phone number I can give that to you but can't share it on the Forum.

Reactions: XVS650

·
Registered
12 Posts
Greetings fellow TW riders!!!
RE: ordering a shield for you Mighty TW.
I have to limit my exposure to the time bandit that is technology (meaning this PC). so I apologize for not responding here. I try to respond as promptly as possible to (( emails )) with a price list, color options, and payment instructions etc.
I'm just letting my friends here know. I don't log on to often because I lose track of time and get nothing done.
(Ha ha!!, I know no-one else has this problem!), so, if you do not receive a response from me here ,this doesn't mean queried I'm ignoring you. I am alone here running this biz, and trying to keep up with prepping for the coming shenanigan's our government is attempting. I rarely respond to "PMs" nor take orders from any source except through email. It's to complicated to be fielding transactions through multiple sources and I'm prone to making mistakes unless I funnel correspondence through that path.( I apologize for this inconvenience but it keeps the shipping errors and stress levels much lower this way.)
If you want a price list, more info, etc.. or just want to talk personally, (Warning, I can talk your ear off!) I will send you my cell # through the email info packet. email me at [email protected]

Warmest Regards & Ride Well!
Jimbo C.
I'm working on some lower shields to deflect air coming up around the tank. Once those are finished, then I will start on a windshield. I have designed heat shields for several Harley's, deflectors for some Honda models and have found that often a windshield needs assistance in redirecting the flow of air. My wife just acquired a TW200 so this will be the project bike, I have already posted information on using a Kawasaki shock to lower the bike about 2 or 2.5 inches. She is 5 foot 5 inches, so the shield will be designed so she can look over the shield, but have the flow just above her helmet. ( She is fussy about looks, so it has to look good )

21 - 39 of 39 Posts