TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Would a TW200 Good for my commute?

4K views 19 replies 17 participants last post by  Turtle Chaser 
#1 ·
SO I'm really close to purchasing a TW200. I'm hoping to get some last minute words of advice from y'all before I pull the trigger.
Its worth stating that it will be my first bike, and I'd mainly be using it for commuting to work during warm weather.
My commute is 13 miles each way, speed limits are between 35-45 MPH, combination of dirt/gravel/paved along rolling New England countryside.
Of course, I also have plans of tooling around in the country and on trails with it. I've read a lot about how fun, user friendly, and hearty these things are, so I'm pretty sure it would be a great first bike for me, just looking for some final words of wisdom.
THANKS!

#4 ·
Combination roads and 35-45mph... O Yeah, Perfect. :icon_thumright:

Welcome to the forum too!! :D

#6 ·
I'm envious! Commuting on a TW on that combination of roads and at those speeds will be an absolute joy. You will love the bike!

#7 ·
Where in New England are you?
Have you seen Oilhed's bike in the classified?
Good Deal!

#15 ·
Hey Sawgy,

Since this will be your first bike, I strongly recommend taking a rider safety course and getting yourself some good protective gear right off the bat. TW's are pretty mellow and easy to ride, but it still hurts when you fall off of them!

You should still have a few weeks of nice riding weather before winter arrives in your area.

Brian

#20 · (Edited)
I'd mainly be using it for commuting to work during warm weather.
My commute is 13 miles each way, speed limits are between 35-45 MPH, combination of dirt/gravel/paved along rolling New England countryside.

Welcome aboard:icon_thumright:. Just be forewarned, TW's are highly addictive and your commute sounds like some sort of backwoods TW fairy tail.
So in the dead of winter when riding is not practical don't forget we are here for you!
The forum is your support team. :D

best regards & God Bless

MAC

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.