Votes: 18 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent an email to Shinko today requesting their 700 series tire made available in TW sizes. I feel it would fill the gap between their 428 series and the stockers from Bridgestone. More aggressive tread but still friendlier than knobbies. So I've included all known tires (matching front/rear) available for the TW, please cast your vote, and then at the end of the calender week I want to send Shinko the results in hopes of them expanding their 700 series.

Shinko 428 Series

Bridgestone TW34
Bridgestone TW31

Bridgestone TW203
Bridgestone TW204

Shinko 700 Series

·
Registered
566 Posts
I'd be interested, but my tires are still essentially new, so it'd be a while.

·
Registered
234 Posts
If Shinko is going to make a new tire in the 180/80-14 size, I would prefer something quite a bit more aggressive than the 700 series. Maybe something between a TW34, and an atv tire.

·
Registered
13,328 Posts
Though not a "Poll Choice", my vote would be with howardgene63. ATV tire tread with the ease of mounting like a TW34. Granted, most of my riding is off-pavement so the 700 series not aggressive enough for me, but would be a good dual-sport tire.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
From a marketing standpoint, I was guessing that the 700 would sell more for them as people would be likey purchasing pairs instead of singles. Also the fact that it would be more commonly used as it would closer fit the dual needs of on/off roading. But the goal I think is to get one of the manufactures to see the potential in the TW market and offer a wide lineup for us. Thanks for the feedback everyone.

·
Registered
323 Posts
From a marketing standpoint, I was guessing that the 700 would sell more for them as people would be likey purchasing pairs instead of singles. Also the fact that it would be more commonly used as it would closer fit the dual needs of on/off roading. But the goal I think is to get one of the manufactures to see the potential in the TW market and offer a wide lineup for us. Thanks for the feedback everyone.
Haha - "wide" lineup :) I can agree with your reasoning on all points, and will happily cast a vote for the 700 series as they look to be a good compromise between street/off road capability.

I do wonder what kind of sales figures it would require to offset the cost of creating a new mold for what is essentially a very small market, albeit a passionate one!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Out of choices listed. 700 series.
Would really prefer a stock size tube type copy of Maxxis Bighorn.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
i"ll probably be in the market for a new rear soon since my TW34 is looking a little worn from the road riding...i also still have a TW31 up front which i would like to replace...if shinko can offer the 700 series that will fit the rear i will def pick up a front and a rear 700 series cause i would like something with a little more knob coverage to promote longer wear than the TW34 and no one here likes the TW31 unless you never go off road...it would be nice to have another dual purpose rear tire...bridgestone and shinko carry a nice front and rear on-road package for the TW...bridgestone carries the dual purpose package stock tires and shinko carries a rear tire that will fit our front wheel...why not give bridgestone a run for their money and offer a tire that will fit our rear...then people who actually want dual purpose tires can grab 2 tires from them instead of running a shinko front and a bridgestone rear...i don't want an atv tire out back cause i use mine probably more on road than off but i want the option to do both and not have either style of riding suck...you put big knobbies on then your road ride sucks...you put the street version tires on and the off road ride sucks

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i don't want an atv tire out back cause i use mine probably more on road than off but i want the option to do both and not have either style of riding suck...you put big knobbies on then your road ride sucks...you put the street version tires on and the off road ride sucks
My thoughts exactly

·
Registered
11 Posts
Looking for a little help out there. I am confused. The stock front is 130/80/18 and is not working very well on the dirt/sandy downhills. I was checking out the Shinko but they offer the 4.6-18 or 5.10. Does anyone know if the 130-90-18 will fit or the 120-80-18 or? I like the Dunlop 606 as well but can only find it in the 130-90-18. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My wife and I ride on it in the Big Bear Ca area and in need better meats up front when riding double.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
i wonder how the 244 would compare to the 700 over a long time period being used on and off road wear-wise...i feel like the 700 would work out better just based on it having solid knobs plus the knob reinforcement but who knows

1 - 20 of 40 Posts