• No thanks.

Votes: 11 32.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Poll: If you were in the market for a NEW dual sport motorcycle, would you buy a reintroduced Suzuki DR 350 with electronic fuel injection, a factory oil cooler as standard, modern digital instrumentation, and modern styling, for around $7,000? In my view this would be the perfect bike because it could really do everything, from pretty decent extreme enduro stuff on the weekends, to 50k+ miles of highway commuting, adventure riding, and RTW trips.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
A KTM 350 exc with the maintenance schedule / reliability and price of a Yamaha WR250R

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This bike exists. It's called the DR650. :)
Well, let's see...no sixth gear, no EFI, no modern digital instrumentation, no modern styling, 60 pounds heavier. Did I miss anything? LOL you know I do love the 650 though, Rob!

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What I find kind of interesting is that I posted the same poll on a couple Facebook groups, but there seems to be a lot more interested in this bike, here on TW forum. Lots of "no thanks" votes on FB lol.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Poll: If you were in the market for a NEW dual sport motorcycle, would you buy a reintroduced Suzuki DR 350 with electronic fuel injection, a factory oil cooler as standard, modern digital instrumentation, and modern styling, for around $7,000? In my view this would be the perfect bike because it could really do everything, from pretty decent extreme enduro stuff on the weekends, to 50k+ miles of highway commuting, adventure riding, and RTW trips.

Gee thats like $10,000 Canadian... I'll just keep T-dubbin

·
Registered
6,367 Posts

Gee thats like $10,000 Canadian... I'll just keep T-dubbin
Yeah Peter, and it looks like that may be in flux. Canadian Dollar Forecast To Fall To 59 Cents U.S. As Economic Clouds Darken

·
Registered
394 Posts
Nope, no sale.
I paid 7 grand tax, title, tags and out the door for my liter bike..that I ride damn near everywhere anyway, dirt road or not.
(Obviously not the really gnarly stuff. For some reason he doesn't much care for mud...)
I'd spot you maybe 5k for a 350.
Maybe.

·
Registered
976 Posts
You guys can pretend the DR-Z400 doesn't exist...but it's still really there. :D
Yup, I have caused 3 people to buy that bike in the last 2 years. They are all very happy with their rides.
There's surely two camps when it comes to carburetors, and the DR-Z400 might as well not exist for those of us in the anti-carb camp.

I'm well aware of the pros and cons of EFI vs. Carburetion, and at least for the time being I'm on the EFI side of the fence. I would not buy a NEW bike with a carburetor again.

There's just something elegant to me about a bike that runs fine regardless of ambient temperature or elevation.

Diff'rent strokes though, and I've had plenty of fun on carb'd bikes.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I would like the bike a lot, if it had a 4 1/2 or 5 gallon fuel tank, fuel gauge, electric and kickstart, Weighed considerably less than a 650, came standard with a centerstand and had a high / low range trans with six speeds. It would be cool if it would wash itself. I don't ask for much...

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Toslow nailed it. How can you put a dual range trans on a CB 900 and not a DRZ-400 :D

I would like the bike a lot, if it had a 4 1/2 or 5 gallon fuel tank, fuel gauge, electric and kickstart, Weighed considerably less than a 650, came standard with a centerstand and had a high / low range trans with six speeds. It would be cool if it would wash itself. I don't ask for much...

·
Registered
674 Posts
No, but I'd be interested in one with none of that stuff except the oil cooler for around $5500. Then again, I think the DR-Z400 is pretty close to perfect for much of what you mention. :D
I have longing for a DRZ. The local shop was one for 4K

·
Registered
265 Posts
What I find kind of interesting is that I posted the same poll on a couple Facebook groups, but there seems to be a lot more interested in this bike, here on TW forum. Lots of "no thanks" votes on FB lol.
I will take one but I am a bike WHORE and enjoy the thought of more. I would like to see a quality 350 that is comfortable and has modern performance

·
Registered
265 Posts
Okay... then the other version exists: The KTM 690 Enduro. Only its price is insane... near $11k I believe.
I'll take one of those too the KTM 690 enduro
maybe two and sell the second one for profit since demand is high and availability is so limited. I just need training on how to max one out without getting hurt or dead. Watch some You Tube videos of the guys in Australia crossing the continent. There is also a very good video of guys leaving Europe heading East around the world on KTM 690's

1 - 20 of 24 Posts