TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Tell him the front tire needs replacing, DMV fees, etc and offer $3K. Have the cash fanned out when you do this. Money talks!

·
Registered
763 Posts
Thirty three was his cush, three is his expectations unless you wait too long. But then, don't let 10 percent ruin 110 percent of fun. Just sayin' ! !

Marty

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So the question is, do I wait till October for the 2021 I ordered, or pull the trigger on this much older bike. It would save me about 1800-2000 bucks.

·
Registered
6,132 Posts
If you want a TW now, like this bike and can afford it, I'd say go for it.

You will either find out that a TW is not for you and should be able to get your money out of this one, or you may find that TW's are addictive and want more than one.

Where are you located? In some parts of the country, the riding season will be pretty much over by October.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Wow! I think that is a tough question that only you can answer there, my friend. How bad do you want one? Are you willing to wait? Does saving the 1800 mean a lot to you versus how long do you intend to keep it?

·
Registered
763 Posts
As Brian said, if it ain't your thing, you can most likely get your money back out of the used one.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow! I think that is a tough question that only you can answer there, my friend. How bad do you want one? Are you willing to wait? Does saving the 1800 mean a lot to you versus how long do you intend to keep it?
I want it bad but can’t decide between the pros and cons. Saving 1800, but it’s 9 years old. I do prefer the 2021 color scheme too.

·
Registered
763 Posts
As Brian asked, what part of the country do you live in far as riding season goes?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As Brian asked, what part of the country do you live in far as riding season goes?
Ohio. Like Brian said, the riding season will be pretty much over by October. And that’s assuming I even get it by then. I’m usually an impulsive buyer, so I’m trying to be as objective as possible. Right now, my gut has me leaning towards waiting for the 2021. As far as resale value, I’d assume I could get my money back if I sold it the following year.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Tough decision, but most of the time the gut steers us in the right direction and patience can be a virtue. Best of luck to you which ever way you go.

There's nothing quite like the smell of a new car missing a couple of wheels!

Marty

·
Registered
6,132 Posts
My guess is that the new one will be close to $6,000 out the door, and as soon as you ride it home you won't get close to that amount if you decide to re-sell it. Give the guy a low-ball offer of $2,800, if it is even still available. You usually have to act fast on nice clean TW's.

I grew up in Delaware, OH.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My guess is that the new one will be close to $6,000 out the door, and as soon as you ride it home you won't get close to that amount if you decide to re-sell it. Give the guy a low-ball offer of $2,800, if it is even still available. You usually have to act fast on nice clean TW's.

I grew up in Delaware, OH.
Haha. I’m just south of the Delaware county line. Small world. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
4 Posts
In my local, Westconsin, Minesnota...that bike would get more money and sell in a blink. A 2015 TW was on Craigslist 4 hours, gone. I tried to call, inbox was full with 40 messages. I drove to St Paul yesterday and bought a ‘93 TW, 4400 miles. Lotta new parts on it, changed color from blue/white to gold/black. Brand new custom seat cause he’s 6’6”, old seat came with it. $1900. No owners manual, wonder if the Cycleoedia sevice manual is worth while?

·
Registered
20,629 Posts
You could always flame-treat the plastics , prep the tank and spray everything on the 2013 with the 2021 paint scheme over the winter yet be riding tomorrow on the white plastic. Cost savings by time hidden dealer costs and annual fees based on value are added up the net savings should be significantly greater than the mentioned $1,800. You can buy a lot of spray paint, or several sets of 2021 plastics plus a new gas tank for that money if the 2021 look is all important to you.
2300 miles on the 2013 is not much and the bike looks pristine. Plus the brand new bike's Owner's Manual will urge you to baby bike for the first 1000 miles when you'ld likely rather just have fun on it twisting the throttle to your, not the manual's satisfaction.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts