TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took me a while to figure out where the bike went. Cue to 5:00 to skip to action.

·
Registered
184 Posts
are you ok ?,holey rock pile batman that was one hell of a fall,were you riding by yourself .there has to be more to the story yet .did you get the bike out by yourself ,and how bad is it banged up ,or is it in better shape than you?

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nah, Nah, that isn't me. I just found it while researching the TAT. I thought it was fearful so I shared it. Sorry to confuse ya.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh my. Yep, full pucker there. I was just looking at videos of the Western TAT and really didn't notice the title even. I was watching along, sort of enjoying the ride and admiring the rugged country and...holy cow!

·
Registered
20,487 Posts
Just goes to show how quickly things can go wrong.
Wow, won't show this one to the wife, she worries enough about me.
Where did his riding buddy go to?
Thank you Borneo for sharing, good reminder to be cautious.
Poor bike looks like it needs aerial extraction from ledge.
I still have goose bumps from viewing.

Reactions: elime

·
Registered
264 Posts
This video makes me glad that I finally bought a Spot tracker. He is seriously lucky to have ended up in that good of condition. From the looks of it his riding buddy could have possibly ridden by and not even seen him. Reminds me to ride a little more cautiously since I typically ride alone.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Terrain like that is when you wanna be on the TW. Both Feet on the ground .....just crawling nice and slow.

Reactions: elime and Fred

·
Registered
20,487 Posts
That bike ended up way downcliff from rider. A good reminder that maybe Spot or cell should be on person, not stashed on bike. I have learned to try to include Family Service Radios for group activities whether it be car convoy, hike, bike, trail ride.Getting seperated from group or buddy without a back-up plan is bad, we all probably have horror stories to share. That fellow's buddy was probably nervously searching trail ahead for missing partner.

·
Registered
7,222 Posts
What actually went wrong? Before the crash he seemed to be a fair rider but not an outstanding one. To me he seemed a little on the novice side.

The front wheel caught the bump on the right and he went left. Didn't he see it coming? Was he sight seeing?

I am glad he is sharing it because it makes everybody think "that could be me" and hopefully will make us all be more careful. It sure looked like an expensive ride........

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Its hard to tell, but you are correct, he went right. It then looks like he caught what was almost a berm, the front wheel went radically left, my guess is his body position was such that he could not help weighting the left side of the bike drastically and he basically drove off the cliff. Personally I would have been standing on the pegs in that terrain going up hill. Pretty easy to armchair quarterback I guess, so maybe my comments are inappropriate, after all I wasn't there. Suffice it to say, the terrain wasn't particularly horrible and something went drastically wrong.

·
Registered
20,487 Posts
Don't think all the gear they were carrying helped and who knows how many hours in saddle the guy had before veering left at most inopportune moment imaginable. Could be us folks, lets stay alert and healthy.

Reactions: elime

·
Registered
309 Posts
The rider became disoriented didn't know where he was veering wildly off the trail. Then the big drop. He is lucky he didn't bleed out and die in the rubble. Live to ride again. :p

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
He wasnt alone.. there was a guy behind him a ways and he didnt know his buddy went of the trail and went on by only to later turb around.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Chalk another one going to fast for conditions. I hit a crosstie that had floated in a field with the winter rains. It was summer and the grass was tall, didn't see it, went end over end hitting and losing my left elbow on a rock. Lucky to be able to use what is left of it. Be careful out there, getting there is the fun, why be in a hurry. don't go any faster than you would like to crash.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts