TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
That's not an accident, that's a crash. That crash could have been easily prevented, or the forces of the crash less severe, by riding slower and/or on a bike with more traction and/or a lower seat height.

There is a reason I'm really picky with whom I ride. If I'm not picky, I generally get hurt picking up narcoleptic motorcycles, at best. At worst, my ride is cut short be the necessity of rescuing an injured rider and/or a broken motorcycle.

Everyone crashes once in a while, I have no problem with that. However, my experience has been that the majority of riders choose a bike not appropriate for their size, strength, or level of skill, don't adequately prep their bike for the conditions that can be reasonably expected, and/or ride too fast, general fall down a lot.

Still gross, though.

·
Registered
56 Posts
That's nasty. If my buddy was filming me with that stick in my face instead of taking me to the hospital I would find new friends fast.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
In my opinion, that represents LIFE.. You never know whats around the corner. I like planning and being prepared. Try not to be foolish, but as the expression has it, 'Shit happens'.

I never smoked, both my parents were two pac a day smokers. Seems I am the one that ended up with Emphysema. If you can plan around something like that (video/my situation) more power to YOU!

Again, don't be a "Fool" but "shit happens". I wish you all the best (of luck?). Gerry

·
Registered
118 Posts
Qwerty said: Everyone crashes once in a while, I have no problem with that. However, my experience has been that the majority of riders choose a bike not appropriate for their size, strength, or level of skill, don't adequately prep their bike for the conditions that can be reasonably expected, and/or ride too fast, general fall down a lot.

Grant said:I agree with that 100%!

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Nor will MX boots as I was surprised to find. At least not the ones that grow in Florida. So much fun trying to get the boots off without snapping the spines off at skin level,then pulling them out with my trusty Leatherman.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Nor will MX boots as I was surprised to find. At least not the ones that grow in Florida. So much fun trying to get the boots off without snapping the spines off at skin level,then pulling them out with my trusty Leatherman.
I had trouble seeing my cactus spines. I had to work my gerber multi-tool by feel.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Saw on TV recently where an emergency room doctor used "Bikini Wax" to remove a mess of small cactus needles from a kids legs & backside.

Slathered it on, let it set, then pulled the needles right off.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
I've used melted candle wax, duct tape, and Elmers glue to remove small spines. The spines that went through my mesh were about 1 1/2-inch long.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
WOW! I've seen, and been in, some pretty gnarly, gruesome, gory motorcycle crashes, but this is one of the worst as far as the holy-shit! - factor! That is just brutal, man. I think if I were that guy I would have used my left hand to hold on and ride two-up with the other guy out to the street. At least they were smart enough not to pull the thing out on the trail there! That would be BAD.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Qwerty said: Everyone crashes once in a while, I have no problem with that. However, my experience has been that the majority of riders choose a bike not appropriate for their size, strength, or level of skill, don't adequately prep their bike for the conditions that can be reasonably expected, and/or ride too fast, general fall down a lot.

Grant said:I agree with that 100%!

+1!

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
That's nasty. If my buddy was filming me with that stick in my face instead of taking me to the hospital I would find new friends fast.

It's not like it was either film him OR take him to the hospital. His buddy was assessing the situation, not panicking. Would you rather him waste time turning off the helmet cam? Not to mention, I would damn well want my friend to keep the helmet cam on so I could post the footage on YouTube.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
If that was me I'd heal up then go back to the spot and burn that friggin bush to a cinder while cooking a steak over the coals! Of course the BLM would then fine me but at least I've had my revenge!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts