TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that have done the vinyl wrap stuff: how much would it take do all the plastic and maybe a set of handguards? I was thinking probably a full (4x5)sheet from camoclad. Or is there another product you would recommend? For those of you with it how does it hold up? My plan right now is to wrap it in black and white moonshine camo and use the translucent clarke tank with a cutout in the vinyl as a fuel gauge.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I used a full 5x4 sheet when I did the "Redneck Edition" and had about a foot left.I did not do the entire tank but did parts of the hand guards and the fuel canistors.

The vinyl will not adhere well to the Clarke tank. The fuel leaches through and bubbles will form between the tank and the vinyl.

I applied vinyl decals to the clarke tank on my 03 and it wasn't long before they bubbled.

As far as how well it holds up I just finished mine and cant comment although it seems pretty tough.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I had heard of the tank problem but I thought it might be ok if I perforated the vinyl somehow. Maybe Ill try to find a steel xt350 tank instead or get the clarke tank and leave it unwrapped.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Thanks for the info. I had heard of the tank problem but I thought it might be ok if I perforated the vinyl somehow. Maybe Ill try to find a steel xt350 tank instead or get the clarke tank and leave it unwrapped.
I had been told about the decals bubbling off if put on a Clarke and wondered "how bad could it bubble"? It's about a 90% failure. I'm going back to the stock tank when I get time. OM

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think Ill just patch up the stock tank then and maybe come up with an aux. tank setup in the future. Ill definitely post pictures when Im done, but any how-to from me would probably be a how-not-to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts