TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
5,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's about time for another SF Bay Area and Beyond TW Tech Day!

- Got a Lizrdbrth cooler, kickstarter kit, new rear spring, new chain & sprockets, or any other TW mod that you need some guidance and assistance with?
- Interested in taking a test ride on my recently completed TW226 6 speed project bike?
- Want to meet some of your fellow NorCal TW200Forum nutjobs in person?
- Don't have a TW yet, but might be interested in getting one?
- If so, come join us for some wrenching, some watching, some riding and some laughs.

Here are the past Wrench & Rides:

SF Bay Area TW Tech Day - "Wrench & Ride" - January 25, 2014
Second "Wrench & Ride" TW Tech Day - March 15
Third Wrench & (probably no) Ride - TW Tech Day - July 12
Fourth Wrench & Ride - TW Tech Day - November 29
http://tw200forum.com/forum/technical-help/14873-any-interest-another-wrench-ride-sf-bay-area-tw-tech-day-may-2-a.html

Let me know if you are interested, have any questions or need additional information.

Brian

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
woo hoo.... i think that day is free for me and i have a spring to install and heavier fork springs..... and we could look at my ttr motor pair...... i could monopolize the whole day, but that's not fair.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
I'm jealous I wish i had a mechanic in my neck of the woods. I need to do the lower gasket and I'm a bit nervous to take on the job.

·
Registered
5,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm jealous I wish i had a mechanic in my neck of the woods. I need to do the lower gasket and I'm a bit nervous to take on the job.
TopPredator, I am sorry that we can't help you you out.

Tony (elime) replaced Bananachunks' base gasket at one of our earlier events and even offered a 90/90 warranty on his work - 90 feet or 90 seconds, whichever comes first :D!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Things I've been sitting on: LED signals, oil cooler, fork boots, grips, clutch springs. Can do all, none, in-between. Checking the calendar but I intend to be there!

·
Registered
279 Posts
TW-Brian - I just replaced my dash turn signal bulbs with the green 32* LED bulbs on both TW's. I now can add this expertise along with wheel balancing for the Oct 3rd Wrench & Ride. Let me know if there will be room in the garage/shop for the balancer, dielectric grease, and some cream puffs.

·
Registered
5,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TW-Brian - Just replaced my dash turn signal bulbs with the green 32* LED bulbs on both TW's. I now can add this expertise along with wheel balancing for the Oct 3rd Wrench & Ride. Let me know if there will be room in the garage/shop for the balancer, dielectric grease, and some cream puffs.
Bill, no worries.

There will be plenty of room for the balancer, cream puffs, etc. It sounds like Joeband will be installing a rear spring so you can see what's involved with that mod in case you decide to replace yours.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
TW-Brian - Just replaced my dash turn signal bulbs with the green 32* LED bulbs on both TW's. I now can add this expertise along with wheel balancing for the Oct 3rd Wrench & Ride. Let me know if there will be room in the garage/shop for the balancer, dielectric grease, and some cream puffs.
hey bill,

i'll generously volunteer to have a cream puff or two and put my front wheel up for balancing while replacing my fork springs....

we could have 1/2 my bike apart at this meeting.

·
Registered
76 Posts
#10 post said TW-Brian installed green LED light for turn signal indicator. Today I bought 2 LED bulbs (white) with 4led's on each bulb. I installed one into the neutral indicator and finally can see it on a sunny day. When I installed it into the turn signal indicator the bulb did nothing. Put the old one back in and it blinked. Took that LED bulb, put it in the neutral indicator and it was fine. Took a test light and when I touched the center of the socket with the turn signal off, it was blinking fast. Put the signal on and the test lite blinked. Do I need to get an LED signal relay? Or is there some secret TDub fix that I'm not privy too?
Love my TW200!

·
Registered
279 Posts
The green LED's I got were a little bit longer than the stock bulbs. I did use dielectric grease on the metal area and had to really push down hard before they were able to turn and lock in. When I first cranked the starter there was a real short dull burst of light emitted from them. Other from that the bulbs worked great when activated. This occurred the same on both bikes.

·
Registered
5,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok guys, just 5 more days until the Wrench & Ride this Saturday, Oct. 3 at my place beginning at 10:00am.

So far, Joeband, Elime and BillMichaels are planning on being here. A few others have expressed some interest. Bill needs to know how many creampuffs to bring :D!

PM me for directions and any questions you might have.

(Reminder: I need help breaking in my TW226 6-speed bike. I just put another 15 miles on it and I need some unbiased evaluators to test ride it)

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I'll deffo be there with my box of toys/parts. No cream puffs for me, though. Anything I can bring?

·
Registered
7,099 Posts
Bill needs to know how many creampuffs to bring :D!
I am dieting these days. Count me out on the cream puffs.

I need help breaking in my TW226 6-speed bike. I just put another 15 miles on it and I need some unbiased evaluators to test ride it
I will be there to help!

·
Super Moderator
17,954 Posts
Just send any unloved, unwanted cream puffs to Spokane, WA Care of littletommy. I'll find a good home for them. ;)

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Meh - added to my list for Saturday... My bike seems to have picked up a new "feature". When I turn the handlebars to the full left / lock position, it cuts off. With the handlebars and risers, things have always been a little tight and turning full left would throttle the gas a little bit. Only thing that I know of that's changed recently is the headlamp. Good times.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts