TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 2005 TW200, but the OEM tank has a bad patch job and leaks. Looking for a good tank with the newer small-filler neck so I can keep my keyset matched cap.
Doesn’t need to be pretty, just functional. Willing to pickup or pay shipping.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Just picked up a 2005 TW200, but the OEM tank has a bad patch job and leaks. Looking for a good tank with the newer small-filler neck so I can keep my keyset matched cap.
when did they change the size of the filler? my 2020 has the same size that my 2014 had

·
Registered
801 Posts
I have a mint tank but its a 1997. If you change your mind on year, just let me know. Cheers.

Reactions: TDubTerry

·
Registered
318 Posts
Can you not just remove the barrel of the old tank and fit your cap's barrel in there to work with your key?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can you not just remove the barrel of the old tank and fit your cap's barrel in there to work with your key?
I hadn't looked into disassembling the gas cap. It looks like a single assembly in the part fiche.
Are there instructions for changing the cylinder buried in the service manual somewhere?

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I have a new 2013 tank I removed and replaced with a larger tank after maybe 2 or 3 tanks of gas run through it. I don't think it has a cap though, not sure as I packed it away with all the other parts I upgraded/changed out. I have no idea what it's worth. I live near Sacramento, CA

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a new 2013 tank I removed and replaced with a larger tank after maybe 2 or 3 tanks of gas run through it. I don't think it has a cap though, not sure as I packed it away with all the other parts I upgraded/changed out. I have no idea what it's worth. I live near Sacramento, CA
PM sent

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a very nice tank from a 2005. Make an offer and I will send pictures if you send me an email. [email protected]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do you still have this tank? I am looking for a replacement for my 87' and the cap does not matter to me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey all, been a while since posting anything. Been on Adventure rider TW thread. But anyway, I have tanks from 2014, 2009, 2002 (all California tanks), and one 2019 tank from Montana. May have 2 more tanks from my bro in a while. All tanks have no rust and are nearly new in appearance. No dents and only minor scratches if any. I sprayed wd40 in them and sealed them up a week ago. I would like to keep the keys, but can get a key made if necessary. I know they go for big bucks (150 to 250 (250 is crazy)) on ebay but willing to sell for what ever the group think is the going rate.
Contact: [email protected] if interested in any or all. Live in Corona free ( I mean the beer) Los Angeles.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts