TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 2005 TW200, but the OEM tank has a bad patch job and leaks. Looking for a good tank with the newer small-filler neck so I can keep my keyset matched cap.
Doesn’t need to be pretty, just functional. Willing to pickup or pay shipping.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Just picked up a 2005 TW200, but the OEM tank has a bad patch job and leaks. Looking for a good tank with the newer small-filler neck so I can keep my keyset matched cap.
when did they change the size of the filler? my 2020 has the same size that my 2014 had

·
Registered
201 Posts
Can you not just remove the barrel of the old tank and fit your cap's barrel in there to work with your key?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can you not just remove the barrel of the old tank and fit your cap's barrel in there to work with your key?
I hadn't looked into disassembling the gas cap. It looks like a single assembly in the part fiche.
Are there instructions for changing the cylinder buried in the service manual somewhere?

·
Registered
805 Posts
I have a new 2013 tank I removed and replaced with a larger tank after maybe 2 or 3 tanks of gas run through it. I don't think it has a cap though, not sure as I packed it away with all the other parts I upgraded/changed out. I have no idea what it's worth. I live near Sacramento, CA

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a new 2013 tank I removed and replaced with a larger tank after maybe 2 or 3 tanks of gas run through it. I don't think it has a cap though, not sure as I packed it away with all the other parts I upgraded/changed out. I have no idea what it's worth. I live near Sacramento, CA
PM sent

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a very nice tank from a 2005. Make an offer and I will send pictures if you send me an email. [email protected]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts